1,819 results
All reviews horizon club kerry centre central market own brewery market place buffet spacious gym stay exceptional craft beer pale ale west lake guest relations officer friendliness and helpfulness this lovely hotel warm hospitality walking distance breakfast service huge shopping mall
Selected filters
Reviewed March 1, 2019

Positive:
Concierge leader James who impressed me a lot when giving introduction to the city in terms of things to-do, dining spots etc. by employing his professional service manner and also original cognition to Hangzhou. Coming out of the counter to serve made me feel I am VIP, even I am still far from there. That way serving guests could definitely create great staying experience to everyone.

Meanwhile, one staff at roughly auntie age and in black is dispatched to stand at the 1F, the lift area, asking guests where to go and directing them correctly and responsively was another valued service which might be unnoticed but in fact particularly necessary.

Negative:
GRO team seemed to be not hospitable enough to guests at arrival. Remember there was a greeting, but no smiles at all during my enquiry time.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Ruby X, Public Relations Manager at Midtown Shangri-La,Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2019

Dear Timothy_stt, we regret that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve during your recent stay. We strive for flawless service delivery at our hotel, and we are always looking for ways to ensure that each guest experiences the very best we have to offer. Your feedback will help us to continue to improve our training processes, and we hope you will return to stay with us to experience the results of that work for yourself.

Reviewed February 28, 2019

I made out my booking to Mid-town Shangrila Hangzhou during early January, I got the confirmation from Lynn Ruan from Sales dept that she confirmed my free access to the Club lounge, however, she denied her promise and sent another mail to me on 25th Jan (the date I check-in) that my free access to Club lounge was cancelled due to her communication misunderstanding with her colleague, I told her I cannot accept this but she still ignore my complaint. Since she informed so late that I have no time change to another hotel inasmuch I had tight appointments schedule .

I cannot believe this is the hospitality manner from the Shangri-la staff, I got totally disappointed and I lost my faith to Shangri-la management team.

Mid-town Shangri-la is no more my second home in Hangzhou.

Room tip: Beware of the written confirmation from staff of this hotel, they will deny their confirmation and let you down.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Teddy N, thank you for your review of past stay with us. We regret that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve during your recent stay. We strive for flawless service delivery at our hotel, and we are always looking for ways to ensure that each guest experiences the very best we have to offer. Your feedback will help us to continue to improve our training processes, and we hope you will return to stay with us next time.

Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here almost a week ago with some of my friends. The hotel location is really great, it is only take around 10 minutes to Westlake, one of the most popular tourist destination in Hangzhou and you can find a big supermall named Kerry Centre where you can find everything you need during your stay. Staffs are really friendly. And my stay was wonderful. One staff from Guest Relation Officer, Echo Chen, she is helpful and really nice to me, really willing to help me out with everything. Thanks Shangri-La!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Ruby X, Public Relations Manager at Midtown Shangri-La,Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2019

Dear DorotheaTR, thank you for your recent stay at Midtown Shangri-La Hangzhou. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. Thank you for your business, and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

It was great to once again visit our favorite city and our favorite hotel. It appears that things only continue to get better each day. A new restaurant was added, with a new genre of offerings, and the tastes were outstanding.
Of course, our check in was another outstanding experience, as *Echo demonstrated again the incredible hospitality standard, made us feel more welcome than ever, and offered her ongoing assistance with our stay.
*Sunny welcomed us at the Horizon Club and updated us on new developments in the hotel.
Finally, *Tania at ‘CHI the Spa’ deserves special attention also for her friendly assistance and a genuine interest in the individuality of the guests. She is a fantastic addition to the team.
West Lake is the best location for staying in the city, and we are always able to get around by foot, though taxi and a modern subway system are always easy here. Having the Kerry Center adjacent is always nice, when you wish to shop or replace that missing item in your luggage.
When staying in Hangzhou, this is the only hotel I will ever consider. The team at Shangri-La Midtown speaks well for the entire company. We cannot wait to return in the years ahead.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ruby X, Public Relations Manager at Midtown Shangri-La,Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2019

Dear dps-TX, thank you for your comments about Midtown Shangri-La Hangzhou, and I hope you will stay with us again soon to experience smart luxury at its finest!

Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

The environment is beautiful, the geographical position is good, the transportation is convenient, the room is comfortable sanitation, the service personnel is very warm, is willing to provide each kind of help, the breakfast is rich. The facilities are very humanized, the network high-speed signal is good, the scenery outside the window is good. There are special open bed service, room small furnishings design is also very special. Cost-effective, next time I will also check in there.Especially your waitress Kelly.Wu provided perfect service.Really nice trip.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Ruby X, Public Relations Manager at Midtown Shangri-La,Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2019

Dear Yuzurukurubara, thank you for your recent stay at Midtown Shangri-La Hangzhou. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. Thank you for your business, and I hope to see you again soon.