All reviewshorizon clubkerry centercentral marketcraft beerown brewerydesk staff was greatspacious lobbytravel tipsdefinitely stay at this hotel againwest lakenice designrestaurants and shoppingexcellent roomhotel is greathotel conciergehong kongbeef noodles
Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

Excellent new hotel in city center, lots of easily accessible Restuarant’s. The West Lake only short walk away. Views from the Horizon Club amazing . The rooms are spacious nothing has been overlooked . We were made to feel right at home will definitely go back

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Ella C, Public Relations Manager at Midtown Shangri-La,Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2017

Dear guest, thank you for your recent stay at Midtown Shangri-la, Hangzhou. I hope that our inspirational environment and unparalleled serviced helped to create memories that will last long after your time with us concluded. Thank you for your business, and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 5, 2017

MidTown Shangri-La is the BEST of the BEST in Hangzhou, China . The location is perfect. The staffs are knowledgeable, friendly and warm. The best ever staffs they have in town. The rooms are comfy n clean. And the food in their restaurant especially in Midtown Brewery is fantastic!

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Ella C, Public Relations Manager at Midtown Shangri-La,Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Dear mschong188, thank you for your recent stay at Midtown Shangri-la, Hangzhou. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. Thank you for your business, and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 5, 2017

Friendly stuff and helpful front desk . Felt welcome instantly. Let us stay till 2pm to check out since we had a late train schedule back to shanghai. Greatly appreciated. Highly recommend to any one.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear MYRA l, thank you for your recent stay at Midtown Shangri-la, Hangzhou. I hope that our inspirational environment and unparalleled serviced helped to create memories that will last long after your time with us concluded. Thank you for your business, and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 4, 2017

Our stay in Mid town Shangri La was really enjoyable. A trip made memorable & smooth by Neil & Kason at the concierge , who planned the day for us. They also arranged for the car & driver , who too was very courteous & polite. The rooms are nice & comfortable and the staff members are really nice! Makes us feel to book only this hotel when in Hangzhou!! The location is right in the middle of the city with all shopping places all around and a metro station nearby. The gym & related facilities too are really cool! Overall a great experience!

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Ella C, Public Relations Manager at Midtown Shangri-La,Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2018

Dear guest, thank you for your recent stay at Midtown Shangri-la, Hangzhou. I hope you found a world of style, service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. Thank you for your business, and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

I arrived at the Midtown Shangri-La right after 8 AM. Didn’t get much help at the front desk so went up to the Horizon Club on the 13th floor. Kelly was eager to help. I went to the gym while she rush to get me a clean room. The entire hotel was amazing, the location, the staff, the furnishings were all top notch. The hotel is more of a resort than a business hotel. There are no business center and no computer station at the hotel. The Horizon Club wasn’t to the standard I expected, while I was there, half of the time there are 3 screaming, running, shouting playing kids at the lounge. Multiple occasions where guests were there in their hotel slippers and bathrobe eating, drinking at the Lounge, more disgusting were guest taking off their shoes and socks and scratching their itching feet before went to the buffet grabbing their food. That’s health hazard and contamination.
Another issue I have is the hotel management doesn’t seem to care about fire safety and our concerns in that area. The reason I say that is when I asked the hotel staff about how many fire hydrants and fire extinguishers were on each floors, the answer I got was” our senior management said that we do not disclose such information to our registered guests” all I can tell you is that I am deeply disappointed by your mentality that those installations are for government inspections only and not for registered guest is in my opinion very wrong. I am very safety conscious and would like to to know what you have in case of a fire. When you trying to hide that information from a registered guests. What are you afraid of? I just hope the hotel take these fire safety issues seriously because as a registered guests we do have a right to feel safe.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Ella C, Public Relations Manager at Midtown Shangri-La,Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2017

Dear guest, thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I appreciate your honesty, and your comments regarding areas for improvement will help us to continually better the guest experience. I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of service. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to Hangzhou, I do hope that you will be our guest again and provide us with the opportunity to demonstrate the unparalleled service experience you deserve.