“Read the small print”

Ranked #1,291 of 2,351 Hotels in Hangzhou
Lake Macquarie, Australia
“Read the small print”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I'm sure others would have been subjected to minor embarrassment when checking like I was.

The very attractive tin with tea inside is not a gift, the very small print on the top of the tin advises you there is a cost, 10 Yuan.

Amazing, I had checked out and within 5 minutes our tour leader approached me asking if I had taken the tin from my room. I had missed the SMALL PRINT .

Best Western Premier Richful Green (tea) Hotel, Hangzhou should consider using the Tea Tin as advertising by putting their name on the tin and making it a gift rather than running the risk of embarrassing guests.

This was the only blemish on what was a wonderful 2 nights at the hotel.

Room Tip: What ever room read the small print.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Indonesian first
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is a nice and cozy hotel, rooms are clean. One can even open the windows to get some fresh air. Only thing is there is not sufficient or even none English speaking staff for coverage on the early and night shift. Had an electrical problem in my room with the power socket, the lights will automatically turn itself off every half an hour even when I had the key card inserted into the power socket, called the front desk and the lady could not understand what I wanted. She asked if I could speak slowly and I repeated myself more than 3 times and tried to speak at the pace of a snail but in vain. An hour later, a trainee from the housekeeping department knocked on my door but still he was not able to communicate with me in English, so I need to use body language trying to explain what my problem was but he seemed lost and devastated....anyways....my problem had not been solved and I was just too tired to deal with them anymore in the late evening. Had to pull my curtains wide open so I can use the street lights incase the room light goes out again and I won't bump myself into anything.
If this hotel is trying to target in doing business with westerners, they better start reviewing their staffs linguistic skills, even if he/she is a trainee.

Room Tip: Do not pick rooms that are on the side of the front entrance as it's on one of the main streets...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here two nights, slept ok. Mattresses are hard. Bathroom is ok, but our shower flushed over. Our room had an extra window, without a curtain. Great breakfast, the dinner buffet was a disappointment. Location is a bit out of the center.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

If I ever read the review before, I would not touch the tea can. Made me looked like a lifter. I stayed there with my tour group. At the day when we checked out we were informed by our tour leader that the tea can is not free. Most of our tour members immediately took out the can but since I don't want to open my luggage, so I was charged rmb10. Actually at the can cover there is a tiny transparant sticker with chinese characters and english saying 'no free ¥10' . So I think this is their common practice to trap their guest even it is only for ¥10. I felt very bad after that.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank youlee2
Varazdin, Croatia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Its ok and nice hotel, with a nice small loby, and nice restaurant for the breakfast. The offer for the breakfast was not good at all, that was the only thing which was not ok in this hotel. The rooms are nice and big, we had one with a nice city view. Bathroom was nice and clean to. Good beds as well. Its a good 4 stars hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I found the furnish in the room a bit old. The toilet amenities was quite complete, bed was comfortable. The coffee making facility was ok. (unlike once experience in other hotel in mainland China, the cup was broken but we didn't realise it until check out. Then we were charged a very high price for the broken cup which we never used.) Thereafter, i had a habit to check the coffee making facility everytime when i first check in to the room in China. Sometimes it was just too hard to argue especially with people who didn't speak fluent English. Let's don't mix up my opinion with this hotel. In general it was quite a good stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank FairyMantra
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

I would not have guessed this hotel to be a Best Western! It was 5 Star all the way. Very new, trendy and modern. The area itself is brand new and it is situated beside a new mall. Not all of the stores were open yet but we ventured out for some exciting KFC! We needed a break!

You will not be disappointed with this hotel, the restaurant was amazing too. I haven't stayed anywhere so modern and trendy!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple