“Best location in the city”

Hyatt Regency Hangzhou
Ranked #10 of 2,437 Hotels in Hangzhou
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Ideal lakeside location, our room had a wonderful view of the fountains. Across the road from the lakeside and taxi stop. All facilities for a business trip available. The pool was beautiful and always empty when we used it. Restaurants first class.
We have stayed at the Shangri La across the lake but on balance preferred our stay at the Hyatt. Looking forward to our next trip.

Room Tip: Overlooking the fountains.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 4, 2013

very good food,very good room service, very good location.

we booked two connecting rooms.we waited in one rooom for 20-30 mins while the house keeping couldnot find the keys to our connecting room.

not kids friendly at all. Rude ladies in the lobby. sulky expressions.
during breakfast, One lady lady insisted me to sign the bill while still eating. Another staff came up to inquire about the payment issue untill another staff interrupted and apologized. for a moment it didnot seem like I was in a fiive star hotel.
I wouldnot like to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank shanghai c
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Cant beat this ocation on west lake. Full buffet with many breakfast choices. Dinner restaurant also excellent. Freindly but not overbearing service staff. Pool and health cub clean, not crowded....overall, a great place to sty in hangzhou if you want modern, and location.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Debating between Four Seasons and this one? Tried both and I think if you are looking for a place to really visit the city then Hyatt is more convenient. However, if you are looking for a place to be away from the crowd then probably Four Season is a better choice.

Must say that this Hyatt meets every expectation as a 5 star hotel, and the Hyatt standard too.

And by the way, their Chinese restaurant is a MUST try!

Room Tip: Beware, lake view rooms tend to be noisy.
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had been in Hyatt Hangzhou one or two times per year during the past few years, and always like the hotel. It is not the most luxury hotel I have stayed, but it certainly is the best in overall rating. I like its marble bathroom so much that I plan to replicate it in my house in Los Angeles. I always enjoyed the services provided by the hotel staff, and their attention to every detail. Recently, I returned to Hyatt for my meeting in Hangzhou, and I found they had improved even more with personalized services. When I stepped from the cab, they addressed me by my name, and wherever I went in the hotel, people knew who I am. I am wondering how they did it. I never had that much of attention in a hotel. The room was perfect, this time I had a lake view room on the 6th floor. The staff was invisible, but always there. In the afternoon, I went to have a walk along the West Lake just few steps out across the street, my room was cleaned and tea/coffee tray was refilled. At night I returned from the restaurant downstairs, my room was cleaned and the bed was made. Only thing I missed this time was the Dragon Well tea they used to have in the room.
The facility is excellent, the staff is well trained. It is truly a 5-star hotel. However, when I checked out in early morning before 6 AM, there was no staff at the reception desk. I had to call them but no response. There is no bell to ring like a low-end hotel. Finally one of the staff passed by and she went into the office to get someone for me. That is the only thing I can think of if the management wants to be perfect in their service.

Room Tip: During the summer, I like to choose a lake view room on the third floor which has a deck to enjoy th...
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hyatt Regency is right across a narrow street from the West Lake. The nightly light-water show is in front of the hotel. You can't possibly find a hotel with better location than this.

If you want to explore the vicinity using train or the subway, it's quite convenient. The train station is a Y15 ($2.50) taxi ride away. The closest subway station is a 10-minute walk or so.

The room is clean, spacious, and well furnished, as expected from the Hyatt brand. The buffet breakfast is average, considering how much they charge for it (around $30). The swimming pool, located on the second floor and overlooking the West Lake, is very nice. Usually, there aren't too many people using the pool. The hotel staff is friendly, helpful, and efficient - the check-in/check-out process is fast.

The hotel is designed as a long building, about 80 rooms per floor with the elevators located in the middle. If you don't want to do a long walk each other you go some place, ask for a room closer to the elevator. Rooms facing the West Lake require extra charge, but it doesn't hurt to ask for a complimentary upgrade.

Room Tip: Ask for a complimentary upgrade to a lake-facing room. Ask for a room closer to the elevator
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt at Hangzhou. The staff provided great service from the front desk, to the bell hops, to the wait staff at the Regency Club. Although the room was average (we did not have a lake view), the housekeeping staff provided complimentary water and fruit and checked in a few times a day to "spiff" up the room. The Regency Club provided a very nice complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails and snacks. The hotel is also conveniently located right across from West Lake and close to local restaurants and shops. We highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor - will be quieter with better views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family