Merchant Marco Hotel
Yilin Apartment(Hangzhou)
  • Restaurant
Mingzhu Inn(Hangzhou)
View Hotel
All reviewsmainland hotelswest lakegarden hotelwithin walking distancevia ctripshower and bathtubexcellent hotelfour star hotelcentral locationbuffet breakfastchinese guestsbooked this hotelmin walktrain stationnice roomcomfortable bedmerchants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 13, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for two nights, at the begining, i think this hotel is quite good, people are nice, and it's clean and everything is well equipped. However, I had a very very bad experience on my first day.

I asked them to put a charger in my room before I went out the hotel. After 2 hours, i come back to the hotel, I found my room door is WIDELY OPENED without locked!! The staff forgot to close my room door after entering my room!!! I had a notebook and 1000 cash on the desk. Luckily, I've got nth lost, but I've really really bad experience with this hotel and would not recommend to anyone else!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2010

We stayed at the Merchant Marco hotel for a week. My wife and I had brought our 8 months boy. We had a great stay at the hotel. It is a modern, somewhat anonymous hotel rather in walking distance to the west lake. At the time of the visit the road to the west lake was quite busy with constructions of the new metro etc. The view from the room was away from the lake and not very pretty - however quite funny to watch the chinese backyards.
We found the hotel staff friendly and some could speak ok english. Chinese generally love kids, so that makes things easy. We got a baby bed in the room for free.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Rasmus P
Reviewed June 16, 2010

We stayed at Marco Merchant for three days for vacation. Due to the good rating we selected this hotel and booked an executive room with lake view.
The rooms are midlevel standard for china, a little worn and could need some thorough cleaning. They are not dirty, but also not clean.
The perks for the executive rooms are not worth any cent; drinks include only tea and coffee, internet for 30min and cleaning vouchers for 40RMB.
Service is generally OK, but during breakfast time we had to clean our table by ourself as no waiter removed the dirty dishes of previous guests.
Foodselection during breakfast is OK, nothing exceptional. If you prefer western breakfast be aware that the selection is very limited (beside cheapest cheese only).

The big perk for this hotel is location: 5 minutes walking brings you to the lake. A good start, but to get to other interesting locations you still need a taxi or a long walk.

I can not recomment this hotel; for the service and quality it is overpriced.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family