$858
$126
$96
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewskwee zeenwest lakethe club loungesky gardenrelation officerwalking distancerooftop barbuffet breakfastsuperb locationmemorable stayan upgradepillow menulanguage barrierbeautiful cityhefang streetshopping areahotel staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SofitelHangzhou, Manager at Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel is run down and tired. The staff is very nice and accommodating, but can't make up for the poor facilities. Despite the Sofitel's website, the hotel does not at present have a gym on premise, nor a spa. The room furnishings are heavily worn and threadbare. Life is not manifique at this Sofitel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Condor28
SofitelHangzhou, Manager at Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Condor28 ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We are making efforts to improve our facilities, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

First, it is super close to the stunning west lake in Hangzhou. My first impression was in the lobby and it was everything I ever wanted in a luxury hotel in a foreign country. It incorporated local decor, buildings and the chinese The room was luxurious and felt mature. It also felt unique with its decor. breakfast was great offering Chinese and American style breakfast foods in a buffet style. Price was a little on the expensive side but everyone spoke passable English. Please see my tip about internet connection in the hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed here on business and did not choose the hotel, but I couldnt imagine a better hotel. Everything was aces. The only issue was that they only had wifi in the lobby. I was using my smart phone and Ipad so I could not use the ethernet cable to direct connect to the internet. The lobby wifi was strong though, which i found rare while in China
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
SofitelHangzhou, Manager at Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear professordanberg,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake! I'm glad that you were satisfied with our hotel and I believe you had a good time here. Our hotel is centrally located just a few steps away from West Lake. With the exquisitely designed rooms, we strive to make every guest feel comfortable and convenience. Thank you again for your support!

Life is magnifique!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We travel to Hangzhou and stayed in Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake during the last few days of my kids' summer holidays. We had been this hotel a few years ago and was quite satisfied with the hotel at that time. this time, we are quite disappointed by the fast deterioration of the room. There were water leaking outside the bathroom, the carpet near the bathroom was wet. The housekeeping phone services lady said to us that they would send us the welcome fruit plate TWO times (not sure if that the calls were answered by the same lady) but finally it never comes. Furthermore, we totally didn't expect that their swimming pool and gym are closed for renovation. Where does the hotel expect us to spend our time in the hotel while the ourdoor temperature is over 40 degree C??!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Travel_lover7788
SofitelHangzhou, Manager at Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Travel_lover7788,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer. Please note that this problem was a true exception to our normal practices. Rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem. All our efforts are concentrated in preventing future occurrences. We are working on improvement of living environment and I believe we can meet your demand better in near future. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you next time.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SofitelHangzhou, Manager at Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013