“A real showpiece”
Review of Dragon Hotel

Dragon Hotel
Ranked #25 of 2,422 Hotels in Hangzhou
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed here while in Hangzhou for work: our workshop hosts had arranged the logistics ... and they arranged very well. The rooms are probably larger and more luxurious than any I've stayed in on my travels. Quiet, comfortable, modern with technology so uptodate that you are almost 'guided' to your room from the moment you step into the lift. There's a range of food options - though not entirely easy for a vegetarian, I didn't go hungry. I was happy to eat local food but do also try the Italian restaurant - the service was great and everyone was very happy to practice their English (just as well because my mandarin is rather pitiful).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bettoneyvere
TheDragonHangzhou, Res. Dep at Dragon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for choosing The Dragon Hotel.We always give empathetic service to our guests.Looking forward to seeing you again!

There are newer reviews for Dragon Hotel

Reviewed August 31, 2012

This is probably one of the best hotels I have set foot in. Well I was lucky as I was on a business trip so I didn't have to pay anything for the luxuries. The rooms are so poshly furnished with a bathroom that you wouldn't believe. Very big and comfy bed and food was excellent, not just good, but excellent. Originally, I booked for breakfast for two days in a row but after the first day I decided I didn't want breakfast for the second day (too much good food everywhere..). The chap at the reception thought I cancelled second day's breakfast because I didn't like the food there (but I have never said anything of that sort), and to compensate "for my discomfort of having to have a breakfast on the first day that I didn't enjoy", I was offered free breakfast for the rest of my stay. I think I can live there.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank gamfruit
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Really a world class hotel. Great service, ultra modern facilities, excellent food - either local or a great Italian restaurant.
West Lake is a must visit in hangzhou

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 27, 2012

It is the best wonderful hotel in China.There are beautiful garden,big room,good bathroom.You can get exprerience with advanced science and technology.You would like to join the full breakfast.By the way,you will find more pretty grils in the hotel! Good luck!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Good facilities and service. Not next to the lake, but very close to it. Quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This hotel is certainly not 5-star. It says so in the documentation, but I am sure they bought the 5th star (or maybe even the 4th one).
The cleanliness and hygiene is far from proper and the staff only react if you ask them the same thing several times. I stayed 3 days and can count the smiles I saw on one hand.
The food was very average and the service in the restaurants was appalling.
Never again

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank BobCC12
Reviewed January 15, 2012

After travelling through China and staying at numerous hotels, whilst staying at the Dragon hotel I became increasingly frustrated.If you are a westerner travelling for leisure this is probably not the hotel for you.It is too far from the city centre and lake (which was only compounded by a lot of rain as usually I don't mind walking) and the staff speak pretty much only Chinese. That is all OK as I realise I am in China but when you go to the business centre and just want to print a document and it turns into a 10 minute discussion, it can be tiring. Also disappointing was when wanting to get an umbrella from the concierge I had to leave a depsit (serioulsy!its a 4-5 star hotel) and when I went to return the umbrella they couldn't find my listing in the log book, so they had to have mini meeting to determine what to do even though I had a room key and the umbrella with me!To add insult to injury the staff tried to give me back half of my deposit.On checking in, the staff questioned my visa-because they could not understand it but the last 5 hotels I stayed out appeared to have no problem reading it. Additionally when asking for information/maps/sighseeing it was just too much hard work so i just went it alone.The hotel is nice, they say they are hi tech but no more so than any other good hotel in China.I don't think this is worth the money and I would recommend staying closer to the lake even if it is more expenseve as Hangzhou itself is beautiful and definitely worth visiting when in China.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo