“Only Reasonably Okay”
Review of West Lake (Xi Hu)

West Lake (Xi Hu)
Book In Advance
More Info
$85.00*
and up
Private Tour: Ultimate Hangzhou Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #1 of 383 things to do in Hangzhou
More attraction details
Owner description: Considered one of the most beautiful sights in Hangzhou, this scenic lake is sheltered on three sides by hills, with open flat land to the northeast where downtown Hangzhou is located.
Sydney, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Only Reasonably Okay”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was a little bit disappointed by my three hours walking along West Lake. I definitely found the best aspect was being amongst all the local people there; of which there were many. The views were pretty good but not fantastic. I enjoyed my time there but felt let down because the place had been oversold to me.

Visited November 2012

Shanghai, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Nice Place to visit. I have been there in the Spring festival it was quite cold but really nice Lake and near to Leifeng Pagoda which is very attraction

Visited February 2013
Umea, Sweden
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Nice place”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

It was a vibrant street life, interesting oppor but maybe a little too much. There were many who wanted to be photographed together with us

Visited October 2012
Asheville
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Stroll Through Paradise”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We spent hours walking around the lake. The photo opportunities are endless. This is the backdrop of the China you have in your head before getting there with the wonderful arched bridges, pagodas and temples in the distance, and more. Did not opt for a bike ride but there were plenty to rent and ride and even tandem bikes available. Be sure to take extra batteries for the camera, a good pair of gloves and hat for the drop in temperature when the sun goes down. Note that the temple closes at 7pm so we missed going in due to stopping for so many photographs.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Connie H
Ibiza, Spain
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Turned out bright again!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My hostel organised day tours here and I wanted to go, however the English tour was 4 times price of the Chinese only tour (25 euro compared to 100) so naturally I went for the Chinese one even though I don't speak any mandarin! When I first got on the coach they all looked at me funny! After 3 hour drive we arrived, went on boat trip around west lake which was pretty but over in half hour. Finally we went for lunch and one guy asked if he could practice his English so I agreed, after that he translated everything for me introduced me to others on coach and I had a brilliant day! Was defo worth taking the plunge and doing the Chinese only tour!

1 Thank crasherkid