“A journey through Chinese cuisine”

Grandma's Home (HuaZhe)
Ranked #280 of 2,893 Restaurants in Hangzhou
Paris, France
“A journey through Chinese cuisine”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Absolutely enjoyed this place. Cool restaurant chain with an amazing choice of different dishes. Came here twice and tried out most of the menu from chicken feet to eggplant. I thoroughly enjoyed the freshness of this place. I would not consider it as a typical 'chain' restaurant. It's pretty full in the afternoon and evenings, so calculate extra waiting time. It is unbelievably good value, so even if some dishes are just average, it doesn't hurt.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong, China
“Amazing Value for tasty food”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Don't eat here everyday or you'll be due for a hospital checkup (very rich and oily food), but make sure you do drop by at least once. Unbelievable value, I mean it, I don't understand how they make money, well, I do... volume, but it's still great. go!

Visited August 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
“Locals love this place”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I cannot say that I was interested in this style of food. It was interesting, but just a little too different for my palate to enjoy.

Visited July 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Great meal, reasonable price”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Their dongpo rou and green tea pastry really wowed me. The pork was soft and tender and the sauce had just the right touch of sweet, sour and salty. The green tea pastry was piping hot and crispy. Yummy. Our first visit was to the branch at Hangzhou tower Block D. We were so impressed we went back, trying a different branch at Hangzhou tower Block C or B. The grilled lamb and scallion pastry was also very good. And all for SGD10 per person. The only dish I didn't quite like was the fish ball soup. Guess I like my fishballs springy.

• Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Grandma's kitchen: excellent, reasonable, and crowded”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is a popular Chinese restaurant chain. I think of it like Cheesecake Factory (no western food though). The food is fresh and hot and dinner for 3 cost about 130 rmb. We'd get there at 430pm because later than that you'll have to wait, and you have to have a Chinese cell phone for them to page you (like at any American chain restaurant: except...it''s all in Chinese which I don't speak or read). The menu is in a glossy magazine. The Hangzhou cuisine is similar but a little different from the Cantonese food we're used to in the United States. The restaurant is clean and modern like a Claim Company chain. This has been consistently a great place to eat and better than the hotel restaurants.

Visited April 2013