“Ultimate Hotel and great location , tasty food....affordable price”

Haihua Hotel Hangzhou
Ranked #72 of 2,418 Hotels in Hangzhou
Reviewed November 26, 2011

To stay in Hangzhou china a city of world fame lake , Ramada plaza near west lake is a nice and ultimate Hotel . Location is very good as many restaurants are near by , Lake is 2 minitus walking and famous discos are opposite the Hotel . Ramada rooms are quite good , only problem is wi fi is not free and when book room for two they gives complementary breakfast for one only.
Breakfast is full with varieties , for vegetarians not enough but being in China its very good to get vegetarian dish in Ramada .
I stay many many times in this Hotel always satisfied with staff and everything of Hotel .

Room Tip: Always ask a room with window opens towards main Road or lake view .
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Haihua Hotel Hangzhou

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Executive floor and privileges were great. This hotel is in an ideal location with shopping,restaurants and lake within walking distance. executive room large but a little tired. Executive lounge,concierge and business centre very good and helpfull good check in and out, understanding of English very good. Buffet breakfast was great but Buffet dinner not so great.

Restaurant Tip : Good eating places very close to hotel.

Room Tip: The Suites are beautiful if you dont mind paying extra, ask for Lake View room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
ramada01, General Manager at Haihua Hotel Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2011

Thank you for preferring to stay at the Ramada Plaza Hangzhou Haihua on your recent visit to Hangzhou. I would also like to thank you for your comments , especially about the good service standards and English level provided by our employees, which helps to inspire us. We have been working on improving our dinner buffet over the previous 6 months to accommodate more variety of international cuisine. Thank you for also giving us a positive comment on our Executive Floor, which we consider a highlight of the hotel with its lakeviews and added personal services. I hope you will consider returning to Hangzhou and staying at the Ramada Plaza Hangzhou Haihua again.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Quite acceptable hotel, great for the lake as its only five minutes walk. Hotel is a little distressed, but nothing dreadful. Don't recommend eating there, although the Chinese restaurant was OK. There are plenty of restaurants in Hangzhou, although worth remembering that it's not Shanghai and not every place has staff who speak English. We mostly managed apart from getting food with no meat for my vegetarian husband.
There's an Italian bistro in the block opposite which was OK. Hotel bar is expensive, but breakfasts were good and varied. Pool in the hotel was fine, especially after very hot lake walks,

Room Tip: Lake view possible but I think you pay extra.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
ramada01, General Manager at Haihua Hotel Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2011

Thank you for preferring to stay at the Ramada Plaza Haihua on your recent visit to Hangzhou. We appreciate your truthful comments and would like to thank you for them. Being one of the first international hotels in Hangzhou we do understand that we do need to continuously maintain and upgrade our facilities. In the past few years we have renovated many of our guest facilities and have planned to do the same next year, especially with our guestrooms. I hope that you will return to Hangzhou and choose to stay at the Ramada Plaza again.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

Stayed at the Ramada in Oct for a conference which is at Xanadu Crown Plaza. Can’t beat the location for the west lake. There is a nice gym at the basement and adequate as well. Chinese restaurant food was very reasonably priced but quality is so-so. In particular, lunch for Chinese dim sum is actually quite bad compared to anywhere else. Needs a lot of improvement on this :) I booked an executive room but I know for a fact that they have given my room to someone else (to another colleague who booked one day earlier). I am surprised that I am on the 7th floor while he is on the 8th though he did not get entry to the lounge. I have to comment on the service in the lounge - it is superb - attentive to small details and always helpful. The bellboy - concierge is also very very good. I think his name is Ma. However, I cannot speak the same for the check in counter - they are pretty indifferent to anyone’s needs. I stood there for more than half an hour for them to look for my room!  The buffet breakfast while there is a good variety also suffers from very very poor customer service. I sat there for 20 minutes and no coffee came even after numerous calls. I am happy to get my own coffee but apparently, it has to be served. At the service station, you see groups of waiters and waitress chatting but totally indifferent to all guests. There was another guest opposite my table who asked for coffee and was given tea. When he asked to have it changed, the bell boy took the tea back and pour it back into the pot and refill the same cup with coffee. This was done in front of all of us! He was obviously quite disgusted and decided to abandon breakfast altogether.
Having said that, if you just want somewhere to stay which is convenient to key spots then this is the place to go. Go for the executive rooms. You get better service and breakfast :)

I also remember Peter (I assume is the executive at the Hotel) who said hello to me at the lounge. He thought that I was someone else from Singapore. He is right on the country of origin but not the person :) But he is pleasant and obviously proud of his hotel. Nive chap!

Room Tip: go for the executive floor - maybe more pricey but you get better service. Find the bellboy Mr Ma (e...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
ramada01, General Manager at Haihua Hotel Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Thank you for preferring to stay at the Ramada Plaza Hangzhou Haihua on your visit to Hangzhou in October. I am very appreciative of your comments and have acted upon them positively. Especially your comment about the service provided in our breakfast restaurant, I have used as a kind of training material. Our Executive Floor along with our Health Club are 2 of the areas in the hotel we are very proud of and our aim is to ensure the whole hotel can achieve the levels of service and facilities provided in these areas. Our Executive Floor is actually comprised of the 7th and 8th floor, with the lounge being on the 8th floor. On occasions, particularly during periods of high occupancy, we may upgrade guests who have booked a standard room to an Executive Floor room. Again, thank you for sharing your comments and I hope to welcome you back in Hangzhou and the Ramada Plaza Haihua.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights while visiting the West Lake.

Our room was adequate but rather tired and showing signs of wear. However it was clean, and the bed was comfortable. We could see the West Lake to the side from our window, but our main view was of a building which appeared to be in the process of being stripped out before demolition, but this was hardly the hotel's fault.

On our first night we ate in the hotel, and on exiting the lift were given a very strong steer to the buffet in the western restaurant. We didn't think this was good value or good food and would recommend avoiding it. The breakfast buffet was fine. On our last night there was very heavy rain so to avoid getting soaked again we decided to try the chinese restaurant. This had good food at reasonable cost, and was by far the better option.

There was free wifi in the lobby and the bar, but there are few seats in the actual lobby so you may have to perch on the water feature surround. You may be lucky and get a signal in your room.

The best thing about the hotel was it's location, a very short walk from the West Lake with it's beautiful landscaping and scenery.

Overall an adequate sort of hotel - there may be better rooms than the one we had. Mainly a business hotel, with a few western tourists. The West Lake itself is a premier destination for chinese tourism, and was very busy at the weekend.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
ramada01, General Manager at Haihua Hotel Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Thank you for preferring to stay at the Ramada Plaza Haihua on your recent visit to Hangzhou and for your honest review of the hotel. We are currently in the process of upgrading the furniture in the rooms and our internet bandwidth/wifi accessability. Our western buffet dinner has always comparatively been good value, and since November we have upgraded the variety of items again. I hope that one day you will decide to return to Hangzhou and stay with us.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

The Ramada / Hai Hua is an old lady, but well maintained. It is close to the West Lake (walking distance) and also in the city. There are nicer locations around the lake for tourist, but it is an excellent venue for Western business travellers. The quality is solid (I have been coming for the past three years). The Hai Hua has manged to maintain the level of service and maintenance over the years. I still find it disturbing that the towels are water repellent (because washed with fabric softener), but I have by now become accustomed to this outstanding fact. The Hai Hua as also managed to retain a lot of staff, which probably helps in keeping a good standard. Some of the staff have picked up on the requirements of western guests, others are still not aware or have no clue as to how to accommodate these needs. All in all a good place for a business traveller.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Sadly I didn't get to check-in until 9.30pm for my one night stay, however was most impressed with the check-in and service from level 8 Executive floor. The staff were great and very helpful.
This hotel has the best pillows that I have ever experienced in China! I wanted to take them with me or at least stay another night!
Room was very clean, including bathroom, room smelt clean and fresh. Bathroom towels could do with replacing (along with hair dryer) as seemed a bit worn but that would be the only criticism.
Business centre staff only too happy to help with internet connection, printer etc.
After experiencing, unfavourably, another lakefront hotel in previous visits to Hangzhou, I will gladly make this hotel our 'company hotel' for Hangzhou.

Room Tip: Go for Executive Floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
ramada01, General Manager at Haihua Hotel Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

Thank you for preferring to stay at the Ramada Plaza Haihua on you recent visit to Hangzhou and for taking the time to write a positive review on the hotel. I have already asked our Housekeeper to ensure our towels are replaced in a timely manner and we are currently in the process of replacing our hair dryers with more powerful ones. Your comment about the service provided by our Executive Floor staff and the pillow choice is extremely encouraging and has been shared with the staff of the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit and would like to personally meet you.