“Good spanish restaurant, not sure the 1 in Hangzhou”
Review of LA PEDRERA - CLOSED

LA PEDRERA
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Milan, Italy
“Good spanish restaurant, not sure the 1 in Hangzhou”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I've been there for lunch. Good environment, owner and probably chef is spanish. It's a mix of spanish and chinese food, chinese service, chinese clients.
Food is fair, not astonishing, some adaptation to chinese taste, not real spanish.
Environment could remember Spain, but just by far, you feel to be in China by the way.
Anyhow, to be appreciated the effort to provide good meal, target client are both chinese and westerns, that makes a not clear mix.
A good choice for Hangzhou, I'd not make a trip to go there, worth to go if one is there around.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank Dudygiac
PEDRERAHANGZHOU, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at LA PEDRERA, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
First of all thanks for spend your time writing about La Pedrera.
Second, is the first notice I have that we serve chinese food. Is really hard and expensive to find all our products from Spain. Its a lot of work and I really can't read something like that and don't say is not true.
We have a lot of spanish guest and you can also read their comments, they love La Pedrera food and they never complain. So, sorry but your apreciation is wrong.
Any way thanks for give us the chance to talk about it.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hangzhou
“Very good”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Only spanish restaurant in town, the food is very good, service is good, and wide wine selection, nice quiet atmosphere as well

Visited July 2012
4 Thank aussieinhangzhou
Thanks!

Hope to see you soon!
China
“Small Spanish restaurant tucked away in Hangzhou”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Living in China and being a frequent traveller to Hangzhou I'm always looking for western food options, particularly when I need to take western business colleagues to dinner who are 'all Chinesed out' during a lengthy trip.
After reading good reviews on Trip Advisor I booked at La Pedrera and wasn't disappointed.
Although small, the restaurant has a nice atmosphere. The food is great and service excellent. On ordering a couple of items from the menu we were told they weren't available due to the poor quality of the available local raw ingredients. Whilst disppointed to hear we couldn't have our initial choice of food it's good to know they are not compromising on quality just to complete their menu offering.
Overall the food was greatly enjoyed by all guests and they requested a return trip next time we are in Hangzhou.

• Visited June 2012
4 Thank Goingnutsinchina
Thanks!
I think I remember you, I thought you came the week that we have some problems with the baby squids and the clams.We use really fresh products and is not easy to find good quality in Hangzhou. We prefer to throw everything away before lowering the quality of one of our dishes.
We hope to see you soon!
Frankfurt, Germany
“Patatas Campeonas”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Amazing place... Everyone whi visits Hangzhou must go there!
It is probably the best place of spanish food in China

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Rafilla442000
, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at LA PEDRERA, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Thanks a lot for your visit and for your recomendation to everybody!

I can't find the words to say how happy we are reeding this kind of comments...

THANKS!
Cleveland, Ohio
“Most Excellent Meal - Thank You Diana”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Found La Pedrera on Trip Advisor. Called and talked directly with Diana. She gave us directions and had a table on their upper balcony (as well as a secondary choice) waiting for us. In short, food was unbelievable, service was excellent and the atmosphere was amazing. This is a tremendous experience, and a trip to Hangzhou would not be complete without a visit. Thank you Diana. Sorry it took me so long to review.

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank ChinaTraveler44001
Thanks! Of course I remember you and your wife!

Guest like you two make my work day more happy than tiring... I hope you continue traveling and enjoying nice restaurants everywhere!