“Good place for lunch after having a walk near Xihu lake”

HangZhou ZhiWeiGuan .Wei Zhuang (YangGongDi)
Ranked #26 of 2,905 Restaurants in Hangzhou
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We found it near the Xihu Lake in Hangzhou. It has a good location for those, who are having a walk the the West Lake (Xihu). The cuisine was very good, though a bit expencive. But as there are not so many places to drop in, I recommend you this restaurant.
The exact address is: 西湖区杨公堤10-12号(近花港观鱼西门)

1  Thank Maria M

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Patronized the outlet beside the Lingyin Temple as recommended by another reviewer and enjoyed the meal. It is an upmarket Chinese restaurant with reasonable price. There were only two of us so could not order much. Absolutely enjoyed the 糖醋排骨"sugar vinegar pork ribs". They were the best I have ever tasted; the perfect blend of sweet and sour taste. The other dishes were good but not spectacular to make an impression. I was disappointed with their green tea cake. I tasted better tea cake at the Wai Po Jai restaurant. On the whole I had a lovely dining experience in this restaurant and really miss the delicious pork ribs, yum!!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I ate here a couple of times, went to the restaurant just off the West Lake which has a busy parking lot where if you eat at the restaurant it is free to park.

We had a very good value bowl of noodles with pork and mushrooms which cost only £1.20. The service was quick and efficient. I would highly recommend the dragon well tea cakes. They looked wonderful and tasted amazing.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had a wonderful dinner here last year. It's the best we have had in Hangzhou, especially the famous duck. Unfortunately, usually there are simply too many customers. We could not even get into the parking lot when we wanted to have lunch again last Sunday.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

It was sheer luck that I came to this restaurant. Their vegetarian fast food version is at street level and the desserts looked very appetizing. But my friend and I wanted a sit down meal. So, they sent us up to the next building where their up-scale dinning room is located. We enjoyed a wonderful meal with nice decor and spacious seating. We went during early lunch hour and it was not crowded. Please note that we went to the Lingyin Temple (靈隱寺)location and not their west lake location.

The food was simply amazing.The quality of the ingredients, the service and the serene environment all added up to 5 stars. I highly recommend this place if you visit the lingyin Temple. A must try: Braised sliced pork and crispy tea cake made with premium longjing tea.