“a very good choice”

Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort
Ranked #6 of 2,418 Hotels in Hangzhou
Reviewed November 19, 2012

this new Sheraton, opened one year ago, is a really very good choice when visiting Hangzhou.
its located in the area of Xixi Wetland, beautiful landscape.
staying there you will be a little outside the city, but you avoid all the trouble with all the tourist at West Lake, so the "Sheraton Xixi Wetland" is quiet.
they have three restaurants, one western-style buffet-restaurant, one chinese and one high-class french-food restaurant, all three with high quality of food.
the rooms are spacious and very well decorated, all my friends did stay there overnight have been excited.

"Sheraton Xixi Wetland" can be highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank richter0571
SheratonHangzhou, Manager at Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for your super feedback and support. I'm very happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel's environment and venues. Your feedback drives us to continue making the experiences we offer better and better. I warmly welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Colin Vickers, General Manager.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had stayed 5 nights with my families. The room is beautiful and clean. The service is excellent. We love the dishes of Chinese restaurant (Yue) , we ate there every day during our staying. Addison, Margaret, Regina, Sarah and Shawn were very nice that they sent a cake for my Dad's birthday, they made my dad felt so special. My mum got cold a liitle bit and Addison came to the rm to check the tempure for my mum and Shawn made a pot of ginger tea for her. I forgot the camera and Iphone charge at home, the conciece(Chris) helped me and gave the detail informations of Hangzhou. We felt so welcome from this hotel. I believe this is the great hotel to stay. I will come back to visit again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank pei h
SheratonHangzhou, Manager at Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback and support. Also thank you for recognising our associates, I will thank they personally for providing you with such a nice memory. I looking forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Colin Vickers, General Manager.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

How about an Open Bath. The tub in the middle of the room. So cool. Unusual room designs in a Wetlands setting. Sheraton has a good location for visiting the wetlands park next door. The morning buffet is spectacular. The staff speak English and provide excellent service.

Room Tip: We liked our room and can't honestly say that location is a factor. Seems to be a good view from...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank todd l
SheratonHangzhou, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

I appreciate your feedback towards our hotel's design and location. I am glad to know that you enjoyed our hotel. I warmly welcome you back soon. Kind regards, Colin Vickers, General Manager.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I love Hangzhou for its beauty and its richness in culture, but recently was pleasantly surprised to find out this wonderful hotel in a secluded part of this vibrant city. I liked it so much and came back for the second week. It is a great place to get away from your busy work for a weekend. The hotel is located near the National Wetland Park on the west side of the city. I like its unique architecture with the beautiful style of the Jiang-Nan (south of the Yangzi River) water town. The hotel room is wonderful. I stay in a suite (room 3082), which is spacious, nicely decorated and very comfortable. I particularly enjoyed the large bathtub and the soft and comfortable bed and comforter, which is much nicer than that in most Sheraton hotels. The service was the first-class in all aspects. The executive club is wonderful with the best food that I had ever experienced in all SPG club lounges. Most importantly the hotel associate (Jessica) was extremely helpful, warm, and friendly. All in all, I rate this hotel among the top SPG hotels I have stayed with (I spend more than 100 nights with SPG hotels throughout the world each year).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank James Y
SheratonHangzhou, Manager at Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for your super feedback, I'm very pleased to know that you enjoyed our hotel's style and found the benefits of the peaceful environment. I am very happy our associate gave you great experiences and I look forward to warmly welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Colin Vickers, General Manager.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

This hotel is located in a very quiet wetland. As a SPG member, I was always received a great service from Starwood. The service and room from this Sheraton is much better than great. When we tried to explore the swining pool, my son was amazing by the great pool and wet his shoes. I and my family was totally suprised by the service from an associate. The associate provded us a slipper right away. It was a samll thing but it really made us feel very warn. It is a highligh of our trip. During the staying, General Manager Mr. Vickers and his team really made us feel like staying at our own home. Excellent service from a great team!

1  Thank John H
SheratonHangzhou, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for your kind feedback, I'm very happy to know that you had a good time and that we helped you feel at home. I look forward to warmly welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Colin Vickers, General Manager.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have been to Hangzhou many time and Sheraton HZ Wetland became my first pick since its opening. Hotel decor is in traditional Chinese style (large room with balcony). The whole environment is very quiet and peaceful, but with easy access to all famous sightseeing sites.
Hotel associates are very warm and friendly, pay attention to details. Hotel is nicely wide layout but always has associate to escort us to the elevator.
I will recommend this hotel to my friend, family , it is also excellent choice for business meetings.

1  Thank AngelaXY
SheratonHangzhou, Manager at Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for your super feedback, I'm very pleased to know that you enjoyed our hotel's style and found the benefits of the peaceful environment. I am very happy our associates gave you great experiences and I look forward to warmly welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Colin Vickers, General Manager.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My family and I loved this hotel. The wetlands park XiXi is just beautiful and quiet. We sat on our balcony each afternoon and enjoyed the sounds of the birds in the park. It really is easy to get from the Westlake area to the hotel. Only 10 min by taxi and always less than $5 (US). I was so glad that we didn't stay in a hotel right on Westlake because it is a city feel and much traffic. It was such a great respite to get away from the city and enjoy the beauty of this hotel and location.
The service was great, very kind staff, and willing to help with anything. We used the club and it was great with drinks in the evening and light breakfast in the am. My family and I all loved the pool area. Big indoor heated pool with jacuzzi. The locker area has a jacuzzi, cold spa, steam room and sauna in it.
This is a great place to stay while in Hangzhou. We loved Hangzhou, more beautiful around Westlake than I expected. We also went to a tea village and walked around, it felt like we were in rural China, yet only 50 min from Shanghai by train. A great city for a family trip, and a great hotel to stay in when here!

Room Tip: Some rooms have views of the wetland area...very relaxing to listen to the sounds in the night.
1  Thank goodjls

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with us. We are very pleased to hear about your experience and I am thrilled our team gave you so many good memories. We all look forward to welcome you & your family back soon. Kind regards, Colin Vickers, General Manager.