“Very peaceful environment with excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort

Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort
Ranked #6 of 2,334 Hotels in Hangzhou
Taipei, Taiwan
“Very peaceful environment with excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

The resort is located right next to the Wetland park, 20-25 min taxi drive away from downtown. We prefer staying away from downtown for a more peaceful environment and better air quality. This seems to us a very good choice cuz we feel truly relaxed there. We stayed in the club suite; the room is fantastic & service is very good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mihuang
SheratonHangzhou, Manager at Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. See you next time in Hangzhou. Kind regards, Colin Vickers, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Beijig
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

It is my first time in Hangzhou. I want to show my thankful to General Manager Mr. Vickers and his team, I have a best stay this time. Because the staff let me feel at home and give me very perfessional service, I remember his name is Simon, from Concierge. The guy has very professional and kindly. During my stay my key was invaild so I asked for a renewal key, Simon gave me immediately reply but the lock had some problems so he did apologize to me and follow up accordingly. It let me feel warmly and be cared. In the evening, I feel very bad so I called CON to buy some food for me, Simon came to my room immediately again. He explained to me CON only 2 persons are on duty so it was difficult to buy sth for me, he did apologize to me. His next action let me very appreciate, he saw my situation was worse so he contacted his colleague to negotiate it , finally he help me. That time it rained heavily and traffic jam time, so I very appreciate about his so preofessiona service. I think this kind of staff need be promoted or giving rewards. This kind of staff is the key for the hotel business. And I wrote comments to General Manager Mr.Vickers, delight me that he replied me very quickly, and saw off me when I checked out, then I knew he replied me as soon as he was back Hangzhou, so perfessional leader must lead greatest team. Thanks, Sherton Hangzhou, Thanks, Mr.Vickers and your team.

I personally think that the attitude is most important key for people as hotlers. I want to show my thankful to you because of your professional team, I am sure you have so better guys like Simon, your hotel must be the icon in this field.Thanks for your time to read it.

Anyway, thank you and Simon, you gave me a very memoryable visit in Hangzhou. Thanks, Mr. Vickers, Thanks, Simon.

Best regards,

Room Tip: Here is a family not a hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jocelyn Z
Thank you very much for your support and feedback. Simon is thrilled to have been recognised and I am glad to know how much we have done to fullfil your expectations. We all warmly welcome you back soon. Kind regards, Colin Vickers, General Manager.
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

The first impression is quite nice, but once inside you can quickly see that lots of corners were cut during construction. The quality of construction material is not the best to say the least!
The service was a bit a hit and miss. Some Reception staff were excellent, some were not helpful.
The international restaurnat's food was very average, but a foreign restaurant manager was extremely helpful and attentive.
\my husband wanted to try the French restaurant, but it was too quiet, so we went somewhere else.
The gym was fine and so was the pool.
All in all it was ok

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank June C
, Manager at Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
I appreciate your comments and am pleased that our Feast restaurant manager left you with such a positive impression. We are constantly taking measures to improve the service sense and skillset among our staff; we will take your experience into consideration. I do invite you to try Satine, our French restaurant, upon your next stay with us. Kind regards, Colin Vickers, General Manager.
Leipzig, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stood in this hotel from May 2nd to May 4th. The rooms are very spacious and nice decorated. The bathroom is very nice, so the first thing I did, was taking a bath in the nice bathtub. Also the concert of the frogs on the small terrace was very convenient. I felt like home.
The atmosphere is very natural. People who dislike the big city centers, with lot of traffic, will enjoy the relaxing and quiet atmosphere around the hotel.
It's true, that it was not so easy to catch a taxi, with a driver familiar in finding the way to the hotel. But we had the telephone number of the reception and we called them and they helped the driver to find the way. It's also true, that the traffic between e.g. the Xixi-Wetlands park and the Sheraton is very heavy. But this is not the problem of the hotel, people should be aware of this and stay calmed.
The restaurant Satine is very luxurious and worth the price. The wine and the dishes are very delicious. I payed 1200 RMB for two people. We had a bottle of german wine and I had a lamb and my girlfriend had a fried salmon.
The next good point is the restaurant FEAST. You can have a look to different dishes and meals and make your own choice. The food tastes very good and the range of different dishes is very wide.
Thank also to Mr. Michael Ho, the assistant manager. He was very friendly and helpful. Also the other service people of the hotel are very nice, friendly and always smiling.
I would like to come back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Burkhy
SheratonHangzhou, Manager at Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
We very much appreciate your detailed and positive feedback regarding the atmosphere, staff and value of our hotel. We hope that your girlfriend enjoyed her meals at Satine and Feast, as well. Please note that our Shine Spa for Sheraton and swimming pool are now open. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon. Best regards, Colin Vickers, General Manager
hong kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Far away from main attractions is one thing but very difficult to get taxi and when you do get one, stuck in Hangzhou's traffic forever just ruin the mood for going to a supposingly relaxed vacation destination. Many of the facilities in the hotel aren't open, including the kids club, swimming pool and no spa either. Rooms are small given this whole area is newly developed. The partitions dont quite work in its open bathroom layout. There is no door handle for the person inside the bathroom to open the sliding partition door.

Beds are always problematic in most new hotels in China. They love using duvet comforters and duvet mattress pad. Used together sweat you out the whole night even putting ac on high. And the room temperature is too cold without using the comforter.

Staff service is efficient and friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank regleung
SheratonHangzhou, Manager at Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
We appreciate your comments and are pleased you are satisfied with the hospitality of our staff. Hangzhou is indeed a city prone to traffic, and we are sorry you got caught in the middle of it! We warmly welcome you back to enjoy our kids club, Shine Spa and pool that are set to open in May. Kind regards Colin Vickers General Manager.
Seabeck
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

The hotel shows the guest two sides. The staff is very friendly and offers a great service.
The hotel itself is not what you expect from a Sheraton. Even months after opening the hotel not everything is done and you can see signs of what should be on the walls and the hallways. The room itself is nice and very spaceous. The bed was comfortable and the layout with the bathroom new and interesting. The problem is, that not everything works. The cordless phone next to the bed did not work and nobody was able to figure out why. Changing the batteries, the handset and even the base did not make a difference.
The TV worked after the second maintenance person came in to fix some wiring and unplug some things in the closet.
The A/C did not work at all. I was told that they had a problem with it and it was only able to heat, not cool. That kind of beats the purpose of the A/C in my eyes.

What I did not like at all was the fact that they did not say anything when guests smoked in the lobby. I know it is common in China to smoke but I hate smoke and it made me feel not welcome at the hotel when I had to walk through a cloud of smoke to go to my room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Wala69
SheratonHangzhou, Manager at Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you for your constructive feedback. I apologise your stay with us was not flawless, however we look at everything as an opportunty to improve. Some of you comments had already been noted to our management team via the logbooks we keep of guest experiences; they have already been actioned in the remainder of the hotel to ensure this is not a wide spread problem. For the smoking point, I and other members of the team have personally asked guests to smoke outside, which they are happy to do and your unfortunate experience is not a regular occurrance. thanks once again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in Xixi. best wishes Colin Vickers, General Manager
Redwood City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stayed in in early December as part of a business trip to Hangzhou. I am an SPG platinum member so I could not resist the opportunity to try out a brand new SPG hotel in Hangzhou, a beautiful city with its history West Lake.

The hotel itself is so new that you can still smell the paint everywhere. I was told that I could not get my usual suite upgrade as the suite rooms were still being finished.

In the restaurant, the staff was enthusiastic, but still needed training. I ordered a meat dish, only to be told 20 minutes later that they had run out of my type of meat.

The room I did get was beautiful with a comfortable bed and luxurious bathroom. It had a separate old style tub and the shower had all the modern fixtures, etc.

All in all it is a potentially great hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank junipermike
SheratonHangzhou, Manager at Sheraton Grand Hangzhou Wetland Park Resort, responded to this review, December 25, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us. We've seen your comments and we appriciate your feedback. Your advice will be passed to hotel management to help us make improvement.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon and do hope you'll see a better place by then. Have a nice day!