“Good in comprehensive ways”

Courtyard Hangzhou Wulin
Ranked #4 of 2,386 Hotels in Hangzhou
Singapore, Singapore
“Good in comprehensive ways”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed here for 3 weeks on business. Hotel is at a good location - CBD with shops/eateries around, 25 mins walk to West Lake quite manageable to me in good weather. Room was comfortable and clean, with good housekeeping 2 to 3 times a day. Everyone at the lounge was cheerful and helpful. My checkout was handled by Nicole, and it was extremely professional and efficient. I swim regularly and liked the indoor pool. Good variety of food during breakfast and snacks at the lounge. Quality is fine generally. Possible improvements are, some of the hot food isn't sufficiently hot, but on the other hand sometimes dumplings, etc, which kept being heated could become too dry and hard.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Mary z, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Hangzhou Wulin, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review for us. We’re very delighted that you enjoyed our facility and service at our hotel. Thank you for your comments regarding our food quality at the Executive Lounge, we’ll certainly take actions of improvement, as our basic standard for food is “hot food be hot, cold food be cold”. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Yours Sincerely
Mary Zhang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I'm a frequent business traveller also a gold member of Marriott. Lately I experienced poor services quality during my biz stay in Marriott Shanghai, but found the BEST SERVICES EVER during my family trip in Hangzhou. Starting from the check-in counter, conciage, and the lounge - I have to say the attitude and the services level of the hotel is the best I experienced ever!!! World Class!

I usually stay at the same hotels repeatly during biz trips but sadly, almost zero hotel staff paid attention on who their customers are. During our 3-nights stay in Courtyard Hangzhou Wulin, the entire hotel team remember our names started from the beginning. As it's a family trip with two kids, the lounge staff even offered to help us pack simple fruit and breads (without our asking!) so our kids won't feel hungry when they are outside... very rare hotel staff can think ahead and sincerely care about their customers instead of social talks, you'll experience them all at this hotel.

When next time you travel to Hangzhou, do choose this hotel. Look for James @ Conciage, Ice / Talyor / Dilys / Nicole @ Executive Lounge because they would take good care about your needs starting from the the beginning until your departure.

Room Tip: Ask the cleaning lady to spread air-fresh if you are non-smoker and very sensitive about smell. We a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ychang2014
Mary z, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Hangzhou Wulin, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review following your recent stay with us, and we’re thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your trip in Hangzhou. We believe the best service comes from the heart, and we do everything to make our guest happy and satisfied. I will certainly pass your kind comments to the associates you mentioned, thank you again for your support and we all look forward to seeing you soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I always stay at this hotel during my business trips in Hangzhou. The hotel is very well kept and clean. I really like the gym, sauna, spa and pool (I use these on a regular basis during my stays). Location is very convenient, staff is very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family if they were looking for a nice hotel with great value in Hangzhou.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have nice views.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank William F
Dear guest,
Thank for long term support to Courtyard by Marriott Hangzhou Wulin! We’re very glad that we met your expectations and found the service and hotel facilities to your liking. Thank you again for your business and recommendation, we’re truly appreciative to each of your visit.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The weather wasn't great for our flying visit to Hangzhou but the Courtyard Marriott made it a pleasant stay. What was impressive was the friendliness of the staff, something that is not always a given here in China. The Concierge was very helpful with maps and booking tickets and the waitresses in the breakfast restaurant seemed genuinely happy. The rooms were spacious and the bathroom tasteful with great pressure in the shower. We were more than satisfied and would use this Hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BridgetNZ2014
Dear guest,
I am very appreciative of the very kind words you have written following your stay with Courtyard by Marriott Hangzhou Wulin! We aim to provide high level and personalized service to each of our guests, and we’re very glad that your stay experience with us was pleasant. Thank you for your kind comments to our Concierge team and restaurant team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 1, 2014

As a Platinum Premier member, the hotel informed me that I was unable to use lounge because I was using points. Are you serious?!

The check-in process was very poor. The front desk associates refused to acknowledge that I was standing there until the manager showed up. The attitude was terrible.

Marriott should really educate their employees on how to treat customers that have stayed with them for 1000+ nights and belong to their top 2-3% customer demographic. On the other hand, the Beijing and Shanghai Renaissance properties were delightful.

This hotel needs to work on their employees' attitudes and customer service. They also need to train their employees on how to treat their elite members and the benefits that come with being an elite member.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dulcinea T
Mary z, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Hangzhou Wulin, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
First of all, please accept my sincere apology on behalf of the hotel for your unpleasant experience during last stay. Platinum Premier members are the most prestigious
of all Marriott Elite members and always be appreciated and rewarded. Your every need at our hotel should be treated as our top priority, we are really sorry unable to
offer you quality personalized service and recognition this time, further training and coaching for our associates will be conducted to ensure our service quality.
If it’s possible, may I have your name and Marriott Reward number so that we can further follow up on this, my email address is mary.zhang@marriott.com.

Thank you for sharing us your feeling and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

The Courtyard Marriott Hangzhou Wulin is a great hotel. Before staying here, I was unsure whether I should book the Courtyard or the adjacent JW Marriott Hotel. I have not stayed at either hotel in the past, and I was torn on which hotel to book. However, I am very satisfied with the Courtyard and had a great stay here.

The Courtyard and JW Marriott share the same gym and pool. The gym is very clean and equipped with modern fitness equipment (Star Trac). The pool is also nice. The only complaint I have with the pool is the men's locker room. Both times I used the pool, the locker room had a lot of water everywhere and used towels and slippers were lying around and not picked up. I can't blame this all on the hotel; part of the issue is with the guest's unwillingness to pick up after themselves and return the shoes and towels to the bin.

The Courtyard is clean and the rooms have a great layout. The rooms are a little small, but I wouldn't say this is a big issue. Beds are harder than most other international hotels I have experienced in China.

I am a Marriott Gold memeber, and I used the Executive Lounge each evening. The service in the lounge is OUTSTANDING and the staff are super friendly and helpful. All of the staff should be commended, specifically Maggie, Ice, Nicole, and Fiona. I asked Maggie for help in changing my train ticket and she quickly engaged a bell boy to go to the train station to change the tickets for me. I was amazed at how quickly the tickets were changed and the new tickets were back to my room less than an hour later! Maggie truly "gets it" and offers outstanding customer service. The only negative issues I experienced in the lounge were children that spilled food everywhere (all over the carpet), ran around like the lounge was a playground, and were screaming and hollering. This doesn't reflect badly on the staff, rather it reflects poorly on the parents that didn't control their children in this kind of venue (i.e. this isn't a playground and it isn't a private guestroom!!)

I highly recommend the Courtyard Marriott Hangzhou Wulin.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor facing the West Lake.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Hangzhou Wulin and taking your time to write such a wonderful review. Adjoined with JW Marriott is one of our property’s signature features, which adds greater value and convenience to Courtyard. We’re very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Everything we do is to make your trip delightful, and we’re always happy to help. Thank you for your kind comments to our Executive Lounge team and I have passed your great words to the girls. I do apologize for the children situation at the Lounge and we’ll certainly take actions to reduce the “excitement” that children bring to the Lounge. Thank you again for your support and we all look forward to your next visit.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Spent 2 Nights at the Marriott Courtyard Hangzhou
Check in was efficient, rooms ok. Stayed on the executive floor ,booked 3 rooms on the executive floor ,but only 1 room was on the 16th floor the other 2 were on the 14th floor (Not the executive floor) but the hotel charged us the price for 3 executive floor rooms. The bed was not what I expected; I expected the quality of the bed that is normally found in Marriott Hotels. I found the hotel to be more of a Chinese level of hotel than one of the Marriott chain.
The hotel is connected to the Marriott, we ate 1 night at the ground floor buffet , food was ordinary.
Basically the hotel for the price is ok but do not expect that this is the level of other Courtyard Hotels .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Samuel Z, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Hangzhou Wulin, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Value Guest,
Thank you very much for taking your time to review our hotel, I’m very sorry to learn that our certain service and facility were not up to your satisfaction, my sincere apology.
Would appreciate you can allow me to make a little explanation: There are three Executive floors which are 14th, 15th and 16th floor, however we may not delivering this information
correctly and the confusion caused to you, in order to show our gratitude, we’ll give you some special treatment for your next visit in Hangzhou if you give us the honor to
accommodate you again, I’m just a click away, my email address is Samuel.zhou@marriott.com.
Once again, many thanks for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Best Regards