Courtyard Hangzhou Wulin
$91
Trip.com
$69
Trip.com
All reviewsjw marriottmomo cafethe executive loungewest lakestar servicegrand canalbusiness loungeshopping mallprofessional servicenice propertydim sumdecent sizefantastic staystayed two nightsspeak good englishlaundry servicetrain tickets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We only stayed one night at the Courtyard. Our request for a ‘non-smoking’ room was not registered when we arrived so they asked if we would mind taking a ‘smoking’ room instead. We took it since we were only staying the night and we couldn’t be bothered to wait for a ‘non-smoking’ room to come up. The smoking room was bearable.

The room was very basic. Yes, we could smell the smoke in the room but we got used to it after a while.

The Courtyard was in a good location – and there were a wide selection of restaurants within walking distance.

Because it shared some common facilities with the J.W. Marriott, we enjoyed the gym and pool facilities for the night.

We loved...

•Very basic
•Smoky room

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stay at Courtyard Hangzhou Wulin every time I travel to Hangzhou. Because I am a Marriott gold member, I got upgraded to executive level and have the access to the lounge for every stay. The staff there are just outstanding. The service and food at the happy hour at this lounge is just outstanding compares to other Courtyard I stay or even better than most of the JW hotels.

Room is spacious and clean. Location is perfect. Now you can walk to take the new subway. I would like to take this review to honor Jason, who recently got promoted, he deserved it. All young ladies who work there are just lovely and I enjoy every stay.

The front desk staff is excellent as well. I will recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: higher floor can see the WestLake.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have stayed in a lot of courtyard marriott hotel. The Courtyard by Marriott Hangzhou is definitely one of the best. The hotel is less than three years old and the room is very spacious. Courtyard Wulin shared the gym and SPA with JW Marriott. Therefore, the facility is pretty much the same but Courtyard has much better price. I used the computer in the lobby to surf internet for free.

Definitely like the concierge desk. Everyone has been helpful in giving direction, help us to get train tickets and get taxi.

The location is good for shopping and restaurants. The biggest shopping mall is less than five minutes walk with more than 20 restaurants for selections.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 21, 2012

A 5-star experience in what is billed as a 4-star hotel. It is not an inexpensive hotel, but the excellent service and location makes this a great deal. I particularly like the hotel's decor. Nearby are Hangzhou's largest shopping mall, the historic Grand Canal and the famous West Lake is not that far away. Rush hour traffic is a problem until the city's subway is completed in about a year's time.

Room Tip: The rooms on higher floors give a view of West Lake, Hangzhou's landmark.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I usually stay at the Oakwood when I go to Hangzhou, but traffic is worse day by day, so I tried the Marriott Courtyard which is at a more convenient location for me (I need to go to YanAn Rd every day)..
The hotel is new, the room is good (although much smaller than Oakwood). I had a very good price, RMB650 with no breakfast and free internet. If you want to have breakfast it's better to take the rate including it, as there are no nearby places to have western breakfast (unless you consider a KFC)
Being so central I was suprised that the hotel is not noisy at all, sleep quality was very good.
I tried the swimming pool and it was good too, clean and a good 21-22 metres to swim, and not corwded at all (it was me and another guy)
Staff is very good in general

Room Tip: As always in noisy China, ask for high room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business