All reviewsthe executive loungeasia bistrocru steakhousewest lakebusiness or pleasureexcellent hotelfitness roommy colleagueconcierge staffcoffee machinehigh floorbusiness tripwulin squaregrand canala wonderful staybusiness districtbreakfast and dinner
Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

This is my first time at this property and I've had a very nice time.The staff is very friendly and helpful. The executive lounge has a nice selection of food and beverages. There's a very nice view overlooking the city and West Lake as well. It's beautiful to see the pagodas all lit up at night.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2017

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights whilst he was on business. Our room was clean spacious and well equipped. All the staff were exceptionally helpful and most spoke a little English. Food here is excellent with plenty of choice. The gym was very good with plenty of modern machines, weights and small studio. The bar was always pretty empty but the staff in there were really friendly and their happy hour was a good deal. They also offer food here all of which was good quality and a nice alternative from the restaurant.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night for work and must commend each of the staff that I had the pleasure of encountering at this hotel .

First front desk was extremely professional and efficient...which is much appreciated after a late arrival from a long days work. The front desk also noted that I was an SPG member and offered to set up a Marriott account and gave me details on how to link the accounts to maximise my experience and offered helpful advice on the neighbourhood

The room service staff, including the man that brought up the food while I was working was super professional and attentive.

The rooms are clean and immaculate and breakfast was the usual mix of western and eastern buffet. Again the staff at breakfast were quick to accommodate changing table seating as we had a breakfast meeting.

Would stay again!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2017

I wrote a review of the JW Marriott Hangzhou a few years back, and called it the best hotel in Hangzhou. Now I am visiting Hangzhou frequently again, and am enjoying the JW all over again. What a fantastic hotel! The executive lounge is the best executive lounge in China. The exceptional executive lounge manager, Summer, leads a caring and efficient team that will help you with everything as they provide you a relaxed and delightful experience. The executive lounge food is delicious, the view of West Lake and the mountains is great, and the service is impeccable. I also very much enjoy the excellent fitness center, sauna, steam room, and pool. The guest rooms are very nice and open, with wonderful bedding and facilities. I also really like the huge selection and high quality of western and Chinese dishes at the buffet on the lobby floor. The service at every touch point in the hotel is outstanding. Within a few minutes walking to the hotel you can stroll along the beautiful grand canal which goes all the way to Beijing, and visit wonderful museums, including a fascinating Zhejiang history museum with many life size exhibits. If you have time, it is a short cab drive to beautiful Long Jing village in the mountain where you walk through the tea trees and at night visit the historical night market with ancient architecture. Hangzhou is a wonderful city, and the JW Marriott Hangzhou is the best hotel to help you enjoy it.

Room Tip: Best rooms are on high floors with a view of West Lake, corner room
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

I went to visit Hangzhou with a friend and stayed in this beautiful hotel. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious, breakfast/lunch/dinner is amazing and the help of all the employees: great! Wherever we wanted to go to they helped us out and when we came back they asked how our trip was. I work for an airline and know how it works: it’s the staff that makes the company!

A special thanks to Dominic, his service was fantastic!

We’ll be back for sure :)

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends