“best hotel in Hangtzhou after our horrible previous night at the Banyon Tree XiXi wetland hotel in hangzhou”

Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake
Ranked #2 of 2,402 Hotels in Hangzhou
s
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Nice interior and clean. great access to the lakes when there is a zoo at westlake during the holidays. We were upgraded in the two connecting rooms with a huge hall way. nice courtyard view from the balcany!

Room Tip: 215 216 together for families
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
PeterDraminsky, General Manager at Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear slim l,

Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com

It is lovely to hear that you had a great time with us and thanks for your compliments about the interior and cleanliness. We hope to welcome you back soon. Do let me know if we may assist with any future reservation here in Hangzhou or any other Four Seasons Hotels.

Peter Draminsky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Truly stunning hotel and grounds. Though all new and man-made, it looks and feels like ancient Chinese village. Easy walks beyond the hotel are worthwhile. Excellent bicycles at disposal for guests. The main dining room (coffee shop) needs serious upgrading in terms of quality of food and service, but the Chinese restaurant is excellent. Stunning rooms, make sure you get a view (I faced a white wall). They wanted to charge me for Wifi (hello??? At Four Seasons prices I will not pay for Wifi - sorry). An argument with the reception was quickly settled in my favor.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
PeterDraminsky, General Manager at Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Philip E

Many thanks for having taken the time to write a tripadvisor review.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the surroundings of the hotel; Your comments in regards to our Bistro have been referred to the team for further follow up.

Your comments regarding free wifi is valid; I'm happy to let you know, we no longer charge for internet for our hotel guests.

I'm also delighted to share your positive comments about Jin Sha, our Chinese restaurant. The team will be thrilled to hear this.

Do let me know when you return to Hangzhou and I would personally like to assist you with any future reservation set up.

La Jolla, CA
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Well, Four Seasons surely gets an award for the right manager in Peter Draminsky at the Four Seasons Hotel in Hangzhou at West Lake! Before making our reservation, I was particularly impressed that he personally responded to all the comments listed in Trip Advisor. Our family visited over the Christmas holidays and we were there for both my husband and daughter's birthdays in late December. We received such a warm and inviting welcome from the staff upon our arrival and Peter personally greeted us as well. We wanted to see the Lingyin Buddhist Temple the afternoon of our arrival and it was clear that we might miss the opportunity so the hotel swiftly organized a driver to drop us off so we could fit in a tour before the temple closed for the evening. The temple and grounds were well worth the effort. We dined at both the restaurants at the hotel and I must say, the piece de resistance was after a fantastic Chinese dinner in the furtherest restaurant from our room, my feet were suffering from "new shoe syndrome" and as I was walking back to our room in my stocking feet, I was intercepted by the concierge desk and presented with a new pair of slippers! Nice touch! I 'm not sure if the restaurant called to alert them that I was walking, essentially barefoot, or they just keep a stash of slippers on hand. In addition to the fantastic massage in their beautifully appointed spa facility ( our daughter received a 90 minute facial along side me), we rode the hotel bicycles around the lake. On my husband's birthday, the hotel delivered a chilled bottle of champagne to the room along with the most amazing petit pastries presented in Four Seasons fashion. We checked out on my daughter's 24th birthday and, before we could get into the car, Peter presented her with a box of incredible truffles. It was like arm wrestling to get a piece but all my chocolate cravings were rewarded. All in all, it was a wonderful experience and the personal touches Peter added made us feel like very treasured guests, especially since we were a world away from our California home.

Room Tip: We were able to get two adjoining rooms so our family could be together. They were located a fair d...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
PeterDraminsky, General Manager at Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Caroline,

Thank you indeed for taking the time and trouble to write such a wonderful review following your visit to Four Seasons Hotel Hangzhou at West Lake. You are far too generous - whatever success we manage to achieve has very little to do with me, and everything to do with the efforts of our people. All of us at Four Seasons would agree that our least senior employees (in terms of formal position) often have the greatest impact on the experience and enjoyment of our guests.

I am absolutely delighted to read that you were so pleased with your celebration stay, and I will of course take great pleasure in sharing your comments with the staff, who will be much encouraged by your kind words.

Thank you again for taking the trouble to write here on TripAdvisor; we much appreciate it. I hope that we'll have to chance to welcome you back to Hangzhou before long!

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Pretty grounds that blend in nicely with West Lake. The hotel itself has a business feel. We were there during a heat wave, so were not able to take advantage of all the outdoor dining/drinking options. Be warned: bottled water is very expensive at the restaurants (+$40!)

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
PeterDraminsky, General Manager at Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear travelJaclyn,

Many thanks for your positive feedback on tripadvisor.com

We are delighted to hear that you liked the physical aspects of our hotel and we are glad to know that you also appreciated the design of the hotel blending in well with West Lake.

For your mineral water I would certainly like to know more, since we serve complimentary distilled water in our outlets and usually charge USD 9,- for imported Italian and French water. Please feel free to contact me at generalmanager.han@fourseasons.com,

Also don't hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of any assistance. I would be delighted to arrange any future visit to Four Seasons Hotel Hangzhou or any other Four Seasons Hotels.

Peter C. Draminsky
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Four Seasons is always my first choice when going on business trip in Hangzhou. It is conveniently located next to the west lake but the set up makes the hotel very secluded. It has only two floors and a big garden, making it much less "business like". It is by far my favorite Four Seasons hotel in China, given its unique layout, attention to details (great gym and pool, well designed rooms and amenities, and even down to the nice coffee/tea selection and shampoo/conditioner sets in the room). The spa rooms are designed as individual pavilions floating on water in the basement of the 2-storey building, completing the "Chinese Garden" Theme. The building is beautiful with a unified theme and the service is very attentive. I look forward to staying at the Four Seasons Hanghzou again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Eva Y
PeterDraminsky, General Manager at Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Eva Y

Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at The Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake with the tripadvisor.com community.

You emphasized in your review the unique layout and attention to details; many thanks! We are also particularly happy to know that our product and attentive service appealed to you.

We would love to welcome you back soon again. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I may assist with any future reservation at Four Seasons or any other Four Seasons Hotels.

Australia
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have not yet checked out of this hotel but have seen enough to know that this is an excellent hotel. Its premises and decor are stylish and elegant, its service level is very high, its restaurants are good quality.

Thank you so much.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
PeterDraminsky, General Manager at Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear ashfield_gp

Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com

We much appreciate your positive comments – especially the notes about service level being very high.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me in the future again if I can be of any assistance. I would be delighted to welcome you personally during a return visit.

West Linn, Oregon
Reviewed December 15, 2013

was part of a 4 city dog and pony show that was a once in a life time experience. attending countless conferences at destination resorts this one counted. after 3 days of exceptional breakfast buffets, i discovered 2 more rooms i clean missed. the excursions followed personal schedules and though it was my first trip to China, this was an enchanting part of a learning trip that gave more than could be expected.

Room Tip: gat a suite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PeterDraminsky, General Manager at Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear edmund c

Thank you for your kind note in regards to your visit here with us at Four Seasons Hotel Hangzhou at West Lake. I especially appreciate your positive words about our breakfast buffet since we have just completed a new layout and upgrade to cater for both local and foreign guests. I will be delighted to pass your kind words to the team. Do let me know if I can be of any assistance during your next stay here in Hangzhou!