My family and I have the please of spending three days in Hangzhou over the holidays 2012 at the Four Seasons Hangzhou. Without question, it was a wonderful experience and contributed to make our time in Hangzhou as special as the city of Hangzhou. I'll touch on our stay, our room, the staff, the concierge staff, the food and amenities.
Our time in Hangzhou was very special. It was amazing to all of us that a city of 7 million people could be as beautiful and scenic. The Hangzhou people are extremely nice and put a tremendous emphasis on their lakes and outdoor activities and even when we arrived with the temperatures of -2 to -5 degrees or lower with freezing rain and sleet they thought of walking hand in hand around the lakes. Our days were full as I arranged a full day and half day private tour for us and we were able to catch the most unique sites in Hangzhou that were all very special. Our actives were board and diverse, but seeing Impressions of Westlake, visiting the Green Tea fields and taking a boat across Westlake were among many great things we did.
The hotel is a unique property as much care was done in building creating a building that was fit in with it's setting on Westlake. Corridors had water on both sides without rooms and the views of the surroundings were wonderful. We had a wonderful suite that seemed to be floating on water. It was wonderful.
The entire hotel staff was terrific. They were courteous to a fault, knew our names, knew where we were from and could not of been more attentive. The concierge staff could not of been more attentive and service orientated and we used them extensively. I had them arrange a 1\2 day tour, which was terrific with our guide Forrest Gump (yes, true), our tickets to Impressions at Westlake, and our New Years Eve night for dinner and into town. Nothing was to small for the staff and we especially appreciated XXXXX who could not of been more charming.
We took advantage of the hotel restaurant quite a bit and were glad we did. The breakfast package every day was great as combined both Western food adn Eastern food and all was delicious. wait staff was terrific. Lunch and dinner when ate there were also very tasty.
The hotel amenities as to what I could see were terrific. I took advantage of the spa and fitness center and each was beautiful. I'm not a pool person, but the pool seemed enormous and is indoor/outdoor with a huge deci and set of amenities. I used the fitness center and locker room every day I was there. Fitness center was more than adequate for size of property and locker room was very nice.
All in all our time in Hangzhou could not of been better and correspondingly at the Four Seasons. Its a charming place and if you can fit into your plans strongly recommend that you figure out a way to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In China’s most picturesque setting, Four Seasons reveals an intimate lakeside village, melding centuries of tradition with chic contemporary style. Convenient to business and shopping, discover a tranquil enclave, woven with ponds, streams and lagoons. Experience the gentle spirit of Chinese hospitality in exclusive private dining rooms and resort-style recreation, including two swimming pools and a cutting-edge designer spa. Deftly sophisticated Four Seasons care instills confidence and delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hangzhou At West Lake
- Four Seasons Hangzhou At West Lake Hotel Hangzhou