The Four Seasons Hotel is situated in a lovely part of Hangzhou within easy walking distance to the West Lake and the famous Impression Show. Hangzhou botanical park and Zhejiang University are also nearby. This area is a very popular tourist area with KFC’s and Starbucks only five minutes’ walk from the Hotel.
The Hotel is relatively small, built in traditional Chinese style with a modern edge. It has 78 guest rooms including seven suites and we chose to stay for 5 nights in a junior suite. The room was spacious with 3 large built in double wardrobes for clothes, a lovely bathroom and a large terrace and deck area with lounging chairs, tables and sofa.
The West Lake Bistro (WLB) had an excellent three course menu for 180 CNY with a choice of Asian or western food, but as expected the wine list was expensive. In fact a glass of wine was the same price as the three course meal.
The bar area was busy for afternoon tea but lacked atmosphere in the evenings.
I did not use the spa, indoor or outdoor pool or the Jin Sha Chinese restaurant.
The gardens are delightful, a pleasure to walk around, but be sure to spray yourself with a strong insect repellent whenever you venture out!
Each member of staff is trained to a high professional standard going out of their way for any request, however, they have no control if it rains and you want a taxi. Apparently there is a great shortage of taxis in Hangzhou considering the population and number of tourists.
I enjoyed my stay at the Four Seasons Hotel at West Lake and would happily recommend it to any of my friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In China’s most picturesque setting, Four Seasons reveals an intimate lakeside village, melding centuries of tradition with chic contemporary style. Convenient to business and shopping, discover a tranquil enclave, woven with ponds, streams and lagoons. Experience the gentle spirit of Chinese hospitality in exclusive private dining rooms and resort-style recreation, including two swimming pools and a cutting-edge designer spa. Deftly sophisticated Four Seasons care instills confidence and delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Hangzhou At West Lake Hotel Hangzhou
- 4 Seasons Hangzhou At West Lake