“Great vacation”

Ranked #2 of 2,386 Hotels in Hangzhou
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Great vacation”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Way to go Wyndham!!! I have been in more then 100 hotels in the past 10 years, and I have to admit this one was the best hotel ever! Location, cleanless, big comfy rooms and smiley faces everywhere. What made my stay so special was the staff and their hospitality. I experienced Hanghzou in different light thanks to Mihaela, Eva, Patricia, Sheyma, Marko and Vivian. Guys thank you so much, you are the best! The hotel will not be the same without you and all the positive energy you spread arround. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Meri D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a total of 4 hotels recently both in Shanghai and Hangzhou and we were delighted with this hotel. Everything about it from the customer service to the food and cleanliness of the room was excellent. We had a problem with the remote control on the television and not only was it resolved immediately, the Assistant Manager came to the room the next day to check that everything was ok. We were also very impressed with the fact that they ensured that a member of staff who could speak English was available on the reception desk when we arrived and checked out. Also the young lady who saw us to our taxi at the end of our stay spoke perfect English and was delightful. Well done the Wyndham!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jean B
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My first time staying at this hotel I wish I had found it sooner. Room is big and bed is excellent. Bathroom is very luxurious. All for less than neighboring hotels on west lake. Great value. Breakfast and food were very well presented and good was high quality

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Isaackr88
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I just returned from a 4 night business trip at the Hangzhou Wyndham Grand Plaza Royale Hotel. The hotel location adjecent to the West Lake historical area is outstanding...being just one block from the lake front activity area. I also enjoyed the very modern and luxuriously appointed room with Flat Panel TV, Full Glass Step in Shower with two head shower plus jaccuzi tub. There is a very nice desk with power plugs capable of US power without adapters and a hard wire internet connection. The room also came with Free WiFi. There is also an in room Mini Bar, Coffee Maker and Electric Tea Pot with free coffee, tea and condiments. My room was on the 5th floor on the outer street perimeter with a balcony. I found the noise to be ver minimal from the street below. I suggest 5th floor or higher and try to get on the inner wall of the hotel for superior views and quietness. The fitness center was pretty good with free weights and benchs, olympic weights and a basic set of machines for chest and legs. Cardio equipment from Treadmills, steppers and bikes. The staff is helpful...one guy spotted me on my bench press lifts. They also have an indoor pool and hot tub area...i don't think it was large enought for lap swimming though I did not try it. The restaurants are pretty good but not great. With the breakfast buffet being outstanding and the western restaurant for dinner being just ok. I found the dinner service to be slow and the food of just ok quality. I had a steak and it was cold, thin and lacking flavor....I ordered chicken but they where out do to a pandemic in china. The room service breakfast was ok and it arrived in less than 20 minutes. I also had wonton soup in the lobby bar one evening. We liked having drinks in the lobby bar as it was relaxed and they had entertainment most nights. The hotel has a small shopping area attached and there is a good Massage spa across the street. I had a traditional Chinese massage my first night and it was one of the better massages I have had in sometime. I like my stay at the Wyndham...I have stayed at two other Hangzhou Hotels at a similar pricepoint. I recommend the Wyndham over the others.

Room Tip: Pick the inside wall rooms and I suggest 5th floor and above to minimize street noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed in this fabulous hotel with my boyfriend last month, and it was brillent! It was our first visit to Hangzhou and we aimed to walk around the West Lake. This hotel is perfectly located beside the west lake, only 5 minutes or less away from it.
The service was outstanding. We had some bad experience in the train station, because when we waited for the taxi over 30 minutes and there were long-long queue, I got terrified by the "black taxi". So I called the hotel in English and asked for help. The lady on line was so sweet, she told me to stay in the queue, do not take the illegal taxi because the "black taxi" can con a lot of money, and it would not be long to have one (she also told me the price). When we finally made it to the hotel, we had a lovely welcome with juice and towel. The hotel service is managed by a Switzerland team (that's why i choose this hotel), I have nothing to complain. What's more, they ask taxi for you every time you want one, you can just wait in the lobby and enjoy orange juice or wine, and they will call you when your taxi arrives. More than awesome!!
We booked a deluxe double room which was big. The decorations were quite unique and nice, what surprised me was that they paid lots of attention to the details. The bed was super comfortable, and you can ask for pillow service (they offer 5 different pillows and you can call for any one you want OMG).
We also took their breakfast buffet, including western and chinese food. There were various choices, and the quality is pretty high.
I stayed in some 5 star hotels, and this one is absolutely more than 5.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
La Hulpe, Belgium
Reviewed June 12, 2013

It is when you are confronted with difficult time that you can really appreciate the value of an exceptional service. My wife fell down because of her heavy luggage in one of the rolling escalator of the old Hangzhou central railway station. She was badly wounded at one of her legs, Soon after our arrival at the hotel Wyndham, we asked the Manager of the day to pay a visit in our room in order to get advice. My wife was immediately taken care of, accompanied by Vivian, a member of their client communication department, and brought immediately by hotel car to the emergency room of the closest nearby Chinese hospital. Vivian took care of everything, translating to and from the physician, handling the administrative matters, and bringing us back to the hotel. The same scenario applied the following days with her colleagues who brought my wife back to hospital for follow up treatment. No need to say that Chinese hospital is quite an experience for a Westener...! and the help of Wyndham staff was way beyond expectation and boosted our moral. At the hotel, the whole staff from the concierge to the CEO was alerted about this unfortunate situation and sincerely CARED about us. We have never been so spoiled by an hotel staff in our entire international traveling experience over the world (we are over 70 in age). Lots of thanks to Vivian, Eva, and JoJo (executive lounge) and to the international multilingual management team (Bulgarian, Latino-american, German, Tunisian, Italian) for their assistance and friendly care. We felt home, and the ruined vacation from a touristic standpoint turned into a warm and rewarding human experience in the hotel premices.
The hotel is quite comfortable and its location is conveniently located at 5 minutes from the lake which can be viewed from the upper floors, in particular from the executive lounge which we warmly recommend.

Room Tip: Select the upper floors for view of the lake. For a couple, it is better value to select an executi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed for your honeymoon at the Wyndham Grand Plaza.
This is to-date the best 5 star I ever stayed in and I would rank it 6 in trip advisor if I could.
Throughout our stay the staff had a great attention to detail and the desire to make our stay memorable. First at the reception they knew who were; we got a cold drink and towel to refresh from the heat. After settling in the room we got offered a cake and a bottle of wine to congratulate on our honeymoon. The room was incredible, with a great taste in the choice of design and material; a big bathroom with a dedicated makeup area for my wife. The breakfast is really good: I had twice the Chinese noodles; the patisseries were as fresh and tasty as you would find in France. We went twice to the leisure center; it is free and included in your rate; the pool is perfect if you want to exercise; you also have a jacuzzi, saunas and steam rooms.
The location is also ideal, you only have to walk out the door to get on the best part of the West Lake.
All in all, my only regret is to have stayed only 2 nights and I would recommend to anyone staying at Hangzhou to stay at the Wyndham.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple