This Is my review,of our weekend hotel stay in April 2014
we booked a 2 nights weekend holiday in Hangzhou for 2 adult and a toddler .we were very happy with our choice, the room was very clean and comfortable , spacious , we ordered a crib for 2.5 years old and it was big enough, we had all amenities written on their web site (washing machine, dish washer ext. free internet ext.) everything was in great condition and easy to use. The downsides: first, we booked executive one bed-room + 2 buffet breakfasts . for some unknown reason the clerk at the reception said the breakfast is not included. we had to speak with the manger and he had to contact the booking agent to sort this out. this could have been prevented if the booking agent who made the reservation was more clear to the staff. second, the hotel is pretty far from the lake and all the attractions , a good half an hour walk or more. you will need to relay on the taxi service. everyday between 15:30 to 17:30/18:00 it is very hard to catch a taxi just before rush hour the drivers change shifts and you will end up waiting 30 minutes for a taxi that might not come at all.
Pros: good clean and high standard hotel.
Cons: The location of the hotel and the buffet breakfast menu. is more suitable for Chinese, I suggest that the hotel would improve the selection of soft cheese/ yogurt suitable for westerners.
To conclude this review, we highly recommend this hotel, it was one of the best we stayed in china and asia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within EAC Commercial Center, adjacent to Yellow Dragon Entertainment Complex, Oakwood Residence Hangzhou is 2.5 kilometers from West Lake and Wulin Square. Every comfortable and spacious apartment offers a fully equipped kitchen with separate living and dining area, washer/dryer, home entertainment system, complimentary high speed wired and wireless internet, large bathrooms with rain/drench showers, and the signature Oakwood soft posturepedic bed. Dining options include Oakroom where sumptuous buffet breakfasts and weekend dinner buffets are served along with Chinese a la carte and private dining. Oakleaf Restaurant and Bar offer western and Asian specialties along with a global selection of wines, craft beers, single malts and rare bourbons. The 24 hour Fitness Center has a 25 meter indoor heated lap pool and offers a full range of strengthening/cardio equipment with complimentary Yoga and Pilates classes. Car parking is complimentary for resident guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oakwood Residence Hangzhou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakwood Residence Hangzhou Hotel Hangzhou
- Oakwood Residence Hotel Hangzhou