Wushanyi Youth Hostel
$90
Trip.com
$606
$495
All reviewsdrum towerpedestrian streetattic roomfellow backpackerssmall towelsheavy luggageno elevatorwest lakehalal foodtoilet paperwalking distancefamily roomstayed here for nightstrain stationspeak good englishwi filocation is great
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Booked two rooms and stayed 3 nights. This is the second time staying in this hostel and I still like it very much.

This time I was staying in a family room with attached bathroom. The room and bathroom were clean. Beds were comfortable and we had a good sleep. There's however no amenities in the rooms, which is a standard across most, if not all YHA China. We had a habit of bringing our own shampoos, toothpaste, etc, so no issue for us. They are selling these in the lobby though, so no worry if you forget to bring yours.

The location was good and had been mentioned by many reviewers. So I'll skip.

The service was very good. I requested a hair dryer and was given one in short moment. I requested additional two large towers and again these were delivered with no question asked. They even book show tickets at cheaper price for us. When we left our luggage with them on the day we checked out, they counted and tag our luggage, brought our luggage behind the counter.

There were seating areas in the lobby with very comfortable and clean sofas, which I enjoyed seating. There were freshly ground hot coffee for RMB15, which is slightly on the expensive side, but taste good.

Overall, I would definitely stay in this hostel again on my next visit to Hangzhou.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kelvinyam
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Located in the great location of hangzhou pedestrian shopping area, close to almost all attraction Hangzhou has offered, this hostel provides compact but clean, affordable and comfortable accommodation. The staff are very friendly and helpful, i stayed at the private room with bathroom inside and it was great, they provided beverages and food in the lobby with reasonable price too. some basic facilities such as computer, books and pool table are available too. I recommend this Hostel !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in a private room with a bathroom. The room is basic but clean and tidy. You can borrow towels from reception. The location is amazing walking distance to the many sights, cafes and restaurants. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2013

A very nice hostel, clean with a pleasant atmosphere, English spoken.
Nothing fancy, but you get everything you need.
We had a three bed room and there was enough space, a clean bathroom and airconditioning that worked well.
In a central position, in aquiet, pedestrian area I strongly recommentd it.
Remember it is a hostel, but a lot cleaner than many other hotels I saw in China!
They make good coffee and the young and smiling staff are really helpful.

Room Tip: Get a room with a private bathroom, although the shared bathrooms I saw seemed OK.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here for 3 nights in a familyroom and enjoyed it very much . No problems finding the place if you follow their instructions, only 2 minutes walk from the Drumtower.Staff was very helpful and spoke good English, room basic but very clean and beds comfortable. Location very good with Hefang street and foodmarket at night around the corner. The reception area with comfortable seats , books, magazines and even a billiard was a great place to recover from the Hangzhou heat in July.
Very good value for money and highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013