Victoria Regal Hotel Zhejiang
$332
$305
$69
Trip.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a nice 3.5 star hotel. We chose a room with no windows. Great room (smelled a bit musty though)- pretty spacious and very clean. The bathroom was also very large. There was a lot of construction work going on at the entrance. But the lobby was well decorated. As for the room, the bed was comfy and there was minimalist decor in the room. Given it was a room with no windows, there definitely could be more lights. No wifi in the room, but the one in the lobby worked fine. We splurged on this hotel midway during our trip as we wanted to stay at a nice luxurious place before hitting the road again and it proved to be a good choice. Location wise, it is great too (close to the railway station as well as the West Lake). We could manage with the Lonely Planet Mandarin Phrasebook even though the night staff didn't know much English.The front desk staff were very helpful and patient and want to help. ATMs are nearby and there is a huge mall in front of the hotel. Overall, this is a good hotel choice for a night.

Room Tip: Would avoid rooms near the entrance as there was lots of construction.Also, the hotel overlooks a rather busy and noisy street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The hotel lobby has no taste at all, it is not a 4 star standard anyway. We arrived at lunch, so we just took lunch in the hotel, a very low class chinese restaurant is in the corner of the lobby, the price is scaring, I odered a beef steak for my son, it costed 32 Euro, the most part of this piece he had to leave it off, Igot a vegetable dish,it was like rubber. it costed about 10 Euro.When I went to my room, I found out that our room was behind the advertisement placard of this hotel, the window was full of dust, the desk was broken, the phone does not work, the door could not be closed, we had our room changed, then we had a room with broken furniture and broken basin. It is so awful, I asked agodo to give me some refund.At reception desk they didn't want to change money for me, because I hold a chinese passport, I am a oversee chinese for 21 years, so I had to use my son's German passport to change money, I gave the clark a lesson, the lobby manager was present, I did not get any appologies.Also the advertised on every webside that they have a swimmimg pool, but there was a fountain in the lobby, I could put my feet in it.
The only good thing is its location, it is near West Lake, but we have to use mosquito device all the night. And the porter was a friendly boy.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed one night at the hotel and it was a pleasant surprise. The location is really great – only 5 min walk from the west lake and 11 RBM in a taxi from the train station (if you are arriving with high speed train from Shanghai).
The room is rather large, the bed is very comfortable and the bathroom is huge. There was no WIFI in the room but you could connect by cable.
The breakfast was included in the price for our room but was very Chinese – not much to choose from when you are piky western travelers like we are ;-)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night and I didn't really like it. Overall, the building was very nice and had a futuristic feel to it. The room was very visually pleasing, but I had some issues. When I walked into my hotem room, it smelled very musty and like smoke (it was a non smoking room). I took off my shoes (I was wearing socks) and the carpet was wet with water. There was a smaller carpet and when I moved that, there was a big water stain underneath it. That bathroom was really nice, however, the walk in shower I had was plugged or something, because the water wouldn't drain fast enough and I assume that perhaps the previous guest had the same problem hence why when I initially arrived, the carpet was wet. When I looked at the wall that was shared from the main room and bathroom, the wall paper was slightly lifting and you could tell mold was underneath the wall paper. Also, my AC didn't work and when I had someone come up to check the issues in my room, we were not very successful in communicating with one another. We had arrived at the hotel by like 10 pm there weren't any other rooms available to switch to. So the staff at least tried. Breakfast was ok. They had different items so that was pleasant. Their apples were brined though, so that was a weird surprise. Drinks at the bar were very expensive. No English channels on the television and wi-fi available in the lobby.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The hotel is an acceptable 4* by Chinese standards. It was our first experience of the disconcerting practice in China to demand deposits greater than the hotel bill in advance, in this case a credit card deposit of 1800 yuan for a stay of two days booked on cTrip for 1186 yuan. We were astonished, but arriving late with nowhere else to sleep we presented the card.

I later found this to be standard practice in China. Be aware of it, and make sure you get the deposit cancelled or returned (sometimes we used cash) on departure.

The room was adequate but not spacious, with a view to the street through decoration slats. The bathroom was standard. There were some English language TV channels; very limited English at reception which caused a few communication problems. Free internet.

Location was close to banks and a short walk to shops and restaurants. Not quite as close to West Lake as other comments implied.

A tip if going to the railway. Take the cab to Honglou Hotel, next to the station, instead of to the heavily polluted underground drop off point. The trip will be quicker and cheaper.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple