Ramada Plaza Riverside Hangzhou
$525
$495
Orbitz.com
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Don't be fooled by the lovely photos of this hotel - it is not the worst hotel I have stayed in but certainly does not represent the appearance it advertises.

The hotel is tired and dirty. The lights were all out on the pool and gym, we were pushed back in the lift when we attempted to go to one of the three restaurants, the lights were all out with no staff on the sauna and leisure floor and the staff were unable to provide us with a taxi even though on both days we managed to flag one down.

The food was poor and our rooms were barely cleaned by housekeeping staff. English is very limited so we were lucky in that my husband can speak Chinese.

No spa and no room service.

Steer clear if I were you!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel arranged by the tour agent. The hotel is nice, clean and comfortable but nothing much to do near there as it is located in the new town. Anyway we followed a tour itinerary and only came back to sleep at night so it was fine.

Wifi is free and TV with plenty of channels mostly Chinese programs. Breakfast spread was adequate and crowded in the morning with many different tour groups. Like most hotels in China, if you can speak mandarin, it will be easier to get things done. Will stay in the old town area across the river if I were to visit Hangzhou again on my own the next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Good location and nice clean comfortable romos with all the usual expected amenities. However I consider it a bit expensive compared to other hotels in China.135 USD per night seems expensive for a standard 4 star hotel. Nice varied buffet breakfast but lacking the service of other hotels, for example nobody serves you tea or coffee and you have to fina an empty table go get your own cutlery.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is away from airport almost 45 mins drive buts roads are good and wide. The rooms are very good and suppliec with all amenities. The rooms up 20 floors csn have beautiful city view. The only problem is service as staff only speak Chinese and very difficult to order room service. My simple order of fried rice and soup took 15 mins to order. The meal came with just soup n rice with no sauced or condiments snd even s bread piece. The food was cold and soup pathetic with no flavor. The breakfast was also chinese wiyh no variety for foreigners. The internet is free. Overall good to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I spent ~14 days in this hotel. The first three nights I spent in three different rooms because the girl at the front desk always kept on giving me a smoking room by mistake instead of non-smoking. Those first two nights, I had returned to the hotel already very late and since I was on a very high floor, I didn't have the energy to go through the process of switching rooms again.

Furthermore, the smell of smoke is present in the elevators and and hallways (even for non-smoking floors!).

My company requires me to provide a detailed bill of the charges. The staff had the most difficult time providing me this. I spent about 20 minutes getting this sorted out, and the girl at the front desk kept on getting frustrated because she didn't understand what I was asking for.

I've never had these issues at a Ramada hotel before.

I don't give this place a complete 0 because the breakfast buffet was ok (stay away from the Western Restaurant!!!), and my room was ok (after they finally got it right).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business