“Not worth it”
Review of Kunming World Expo

Kunming World Expo
Reviewed February 25, 2013

World Expo was open in 1999, a long time ago. Now many parts of the park have been privatized or closed. If you simply want to enjoy the stroll and the sight of trees and plants, it's fine. But the ticket is terribly expensive. And it's hard to get a taxi back to the city (or hotel).

1  Thank madprofessor
There are newer reviews for Kunming World Expo

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Sorry, I am not a shopper. Lots of jewelry, food, tea, silk ... generally Chinese products for sale here. I didn't think the prices were outstanding. So this place didn't get much money from me!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

this attraction has been lovingly maintained since expo 99 ....... from the entrance you sense the excitement people must have felt 13 years ago when they probably queued for hours to get in. Still queues ..... but that's China ..... just not as long as they would have been then. Walking past the different national garden sites is almost like visiting another country, so different is the vegetation... but what makes it special now is that everything is established and now acclimatized so I am sure they are much more beautiful then when they were first set up for the expo. Definitely a highlight in a very lovely city. Easy to get to .... taxi or bus ......... just remember that like most attractions I have visited in China ....... it entails a lot of walking, although there are mini busses to travel on if you don't want to spend the day in a leisurely stroll around the park.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We have been attend there for South Asian country trade fair show. Looking for our boost business promote in china too after long year gap exporting our home product to china. We were sucked there on display market and offers say nothing charge on garments in customs but at last one day before start our trade fair they charge us seventeen percent extra cost paid over around 237 dollars which is shouldn't charge by their government says. I would like to request next year no more charge.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This place is straight up weird. I cycled from Hump Hostel in about an hour. Stopping for fruit and to watch locals play chinese chequers. It was expensive to get in, even with a student discount (UK driving license works everytime). I think funding was cut about the same time the expo finished. Struggling to keep exhibition buildings open, and spending remaining funds on marigold flower bed art, this place felt like a strange ghost town. Take the shuttle from the front gate. I walked but it a huge place and even if you just skip the front drive itll save you 45 minutes of walking. Check out the tucked away private army training facility with false fronted castle building, and assault course. There was a well stocked Bonsai (Penjing are from China) collection which was a highlight for me as an enthusiast.

A tropical house was tatty and almost cooler than the outside temperature. Other exhibitions were just falling apart and abandoned.

If your shooting a Chinese Zombie Film, or post apocolyptic gardening documentary, this is your set!

Not disney land!