“Treated like a cancer”

QingNiao Western Restaurant (CuiHu Dian)
Ranked #76 of 643 Restaurants in Kunming
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Great restaurant next door to the Grand Park Hotel
Description: Great restaurant next door to the Grand Park Hotel
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Treated like a cancer”
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

I came into the restaurant by myself after a long day. I was taken to a table next to the window near a couple. I started looking through the menu when the waiter came to my table and told me I had to be moved. Even though 75% of the tables were empty, the took me to the darkest corner of the restaurant facing the wall with no one around. The sign outside the restaurant says it's a "club." I guess they didn't like the way I looked. I got up and left.

1 Thank Ian F

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“great date resturant”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The building is a throwback to French colonial style, and with a nice terrace the place has a great ambiance. I went with a group of eight for lunch. The food came fast, and there seemed to be a fleet of servers there to help. We ordered a mix if Chinese and Western food, with the Chinese fare being the better of the two. This place would get full marks if the spaghetti had been a little less salty.

• Visited July 2013
Kunming
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“soso”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Yes, this is a beautiful place with a nice atmosphere,
BUT it is expensive and i got better food in other restaurants,
which cost half the price.

• Visited July 2013
Maasmechelen, Limburg, Belgium
“Delicious food, good wines on relaxing roof terrace.”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

When you want to enjoy a lunch or dinner in a nice environment, then this is a place to go. The food is excellent, the place is very clean and tidy (even the toilets) and you can enjoy the atmosphere of the laid-back city on the cosy roof terrace. We liked it so much that we went a second time the same day !
The (spicy) steamed fish with the Chile sauvignon wine is a recommendation.

• Visited June 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Close to grand park”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great outdoor seating, but food quality is so so my wife went for Europe spaghetti, I do them better. I choose local and was also not exited. Communication not easy limited English challenge white wine to order since no-one really could understand.

Visited April 2013