Citadines Central Xi'an
$1,098
$180
Agoda.com
1,104 results
All reviewsdrum towersofa bedmuslim quartergreat locationstudio roombell towerterracotta warriorsmelody hotelsmall kitchenettewalking distancesouth gatecentral xi'anserviced apartmentcentral locationtour desksliding doorfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The best thing about this hotel is its location. It's around the corner from the airport shuttle drop-off/pick-up point, walking distance to the Bell Tower, Drum Tower, Muslim Quarter and mosque, and a short taxi ride to the train station (CNY 13) and Big Wild Goose Pagoda (CNY 16).

The next best thing is the value. Sure the rooms are a bit worn (scuff marks on walls, poor paint jobs, etc.), but the rooms are clean, the wifi in the rooms is fast (for China) and satellite TV includes BBC, CNN, HBO, etc. Plus, the buffet breakfast was included and allowed us more time for site-seeing and less time figuring out where to eat first thing in the day. They offer a basic buffet and a take-away breakfast, which we never had a chance to try. The hotel also has an onsite travel coordinator, which we used to book a car service that was very professional, accommodating and fairly priced.

Expectations should be set that this is a basic hotel - the towels are not white and fluffy, there is very little sound-proofing between rooms and the hallways, and there aren't bathroom amenities like hair conditioner or lotion. However, as a home-base for a few nights, this was an excellent choice for location and value alone.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the 3rd floor where the gym and guest laundry facilities are located.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank teedTraveller
Benjamin N, General Manager at Citadines Central Xi'an, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear teedotTraveller, Hello from Citadines and thank you for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed our facilities and location during your stay here, and appreciate the feedback you have provided. We are in the process of gradually replacing our towels so that guests will have white fluffy towels to use when they come. We will also look into the provision of bathroom amenities such as hair conditioner and lotion in future. However, we do provide plenty of other amenities in our rooms such as a kitchenette and laundry room for our guests to use at their pleasure. Nonetheless our location and value for money rates cant be beat! We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I had a short time in Xi'an, and my goal was, of course, to see the terracotta warriors, but also to explore the city and try the food...For me, this was the ideal location at a reasonable price!
It is less than two short blocks from the Airport Bus stop, opposite the Bell Tower, so after you check in, you can mosey on over to the Muslim Quarter for really great street food and some fun shopping. For me, the Muslim Quarter, especially at night, was just a blast! Or, you can walk the other way and go up on the city wall. The perfect location of this place made me decide to not use a tour company and just do it myself--it was easy, and a lot cheaper! (The tour co's seem to put everyone outside the city or in a less convenient area inside). Citadines is also convenient to the bus (was it 611?) to the train station where you can get a bus to the terracotta warriors.
They can change money in the lobby and your room has a small fridge, slippers, and a kind of Ikea vibe about it. Breakfast was offered in two locations, one was on the 6th floor, where you could get a boxed breakfast (I didn't try this--seemed like maybe hard boiled eggs and other portable items), and the other on the ground floor, where there was a satisfactory buffet. There was hot milk for the coffee so I was happy. The other trick was to ask the cook to fry you an egg or two. The bread seemed dry so I just had the egg over my fried rice and it was fine.
You can also go up to the roof for a view...tho' it was snowing when I was there, so there wasn't too much to see.
Note: the day I departed, there was a notice that some construction was starting on a few floors, so you might want to ask about that. I had a higher floor, which was good because there is a lot of horn honking by Xi'an drivers. My room did not have any smell of smoke. The bed is firm.
When I checked in, the room I'd selected wasn't available, so I was given a room that was a kind of a divided double, possibly good for a family? It had two double beds but a glass partition that could be closed between them. There was a flat screen tv on the wall that apparently could be moved to either side's view or possibly in the middle for both.
For a prime location for walking around and exploring downtown Xi'an, I don't think that this place can be beat for the price.

Room Tip: High floor!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Benjamin N, General Manager at Citadines Central Xi'an, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Babzkk, thank you for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed yourself in Xi’an in so many aspects such as travelling around on your own to the tourist sites and the comfort of our Apart’hotel. As you described very accurately, our location is perfect for exploring the city area on foot and our rates are a steal considering the location and facilities provided. We are currently undergoing a renovation on some of the floors as previous guests and reviewers commented that our facilities were starting to look worn. As a result of the renovation there will be some noise in the day but all work stops in the evening so that our guests can have a good night’s rest when they come back. Affected guests who will be around in the day can also request to stay on lower floors away from the renovation. We look forward to providing everyone with new and improved rooms and facilities after the renovation!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this Apart’hotel. I had no trouble finding the hotel since it was near the Bell Tower drop-off point of the Airport Bus. There were also many convenience stores and food options nearby which made the location very convenient. Nearby points of interest include the Bell and Drum Tower, Muslim Quarter, Tourist Information Center and various bus stops. The South Gate is also a 15 to 20 minute walk from the hotel.

Service was also excellent. The staff spoke good English and even helped me with the bus going to the Terracotta Warriors museum. The bathtub was clogged when I arrived and forgot to mention it to the front desk, but when I came back from exploring the city, the bathtub was fixed. I appreciate the initiative. The free breakfast was ok, although it’s like any typical buffet breakfast in China. The room was very spacious with complete furnishings and amenities. WiFi was strong inside the room. There was a lounge chair, a desk, and a kitchen with a microwave, electric kettle, electric stove, sink, plates, glasses, and cutlery. At the time I was there, however, the building was undergoing renovation until July 2014 which may not be pleasant for some people. Only one elevator was working but it never really bothered me.

I definitely recommend staying at this hotel to anyone going to Xi’an. Given the chance to go back, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank engdv
Benjamin N, General Manager at Citadines Central Xi'an, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear engdv, thank you for your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at Citadines Central Xi’an. our attention to detail and well furnished rooms are intended to make all our guests feel as at home as possible during their stay. As you mentioned, we are currently undergoing renovation because many guests have given feedback that the property is worn and in need of an uplift. There will be some noise during the day and only one elevator is available, but we have taken all efforts to ensure minimal disruption and inconvenience to our guests. We are excited to bring you new and improved facilities after the renovation and look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed here for one night in April 2013. My stay was pleasant and comfortable. The room was clean, modern and comfortable. I was able to sleep well. The lobby has computers for guests to use to access the internet. The breakfast food was good but the man who prepared the eggs appeared frustrated and was not pleasant with the customers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank vacaciones71
Benjamin N, General Manager at Citadines Central Xi'an, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear vacaciones71, hello from Citadines Central Xi’an and thank you for staying with us! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and found our facilities useful. We apologize for the poor service from the man at the egg station. Breakfast is currently provided by the restaurant at the first floor and we have passed on your feedback to their management to improve their service standards. We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

You cannot ask for a better location as previous reviewers have noted. Roomy comfortable accommodations. Breakfast included with our room again. Just not at all impressed. Do we need weird soups and salads for breakfast? We did get a fried egg and white toast. WIFI worked OK.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EasyDoesIt

Dear EasyDoesIt, greetings from Citadines Central Xi’an and thank you for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed our excellent location and spacious rooms. We apologize if you were dissatisfied with the breakfast as it is currently more oriented towards the local palate. We have provided a healthier, Western option with good pastries, fresh fruit, juices, yoghurt and freshly ground coffee at the 6th floor for our guests to enjoy as well. Look forward to welcoming you again!