We were travelling as a family of 4 with 2 teenage boys to Beijing and Xian. Since travelling together is a family experience, I had always tried to have the family stayed in the same hotel room/suite instead of 2 separate rooms. This was pretty easy in North America but a challenge in Europe and especially China.
In China, the family size room is geared towards 3 people, due to the one-child policy. Few hotels have family size rooms and the few rooms from high end hotels tend to be outside of my budget. It was easier to find a family room in Beijing as ZhongAn hotel (see my other review) has an apartment type room in some of the online sites, but I could not find an attractive offering in Xian. Fortunately, some other reviews here had mentioned Citadines Central Xi'an with rooms that accommodate four people, even there is no official offering. So I booked a Twin Studio and left a note that we'll have 4 people in the same room.
We arrived in Xian by night train from Beijing. It's a short taxi ride from the train station to the hotel. Different from ZhongAn, which caters mostly to Chinese customers, Citadines seems to cater mostly to international travelers.
We got a room in the 5th floor, a nice view, and 2 large beds easily accommodates 4 people. The beds are separated by a divider and the room is large, with free wifi, very roomy and comfortable.
It is a 5 minute's walk from the Hotel to the Drum tower through a underpass, where one finds the Muslim quarter, with all different kinds of ethic food, delicious!
The hotel offers only 2 breakfast vouchers so we combined 2 day's vouchers to have one breakfast there. The food was ok, but I preferred the breakfast in ZhongAn's better.
One note is that it was extremely hard to get a taxi to go to nearby places in Xian. The city did a poor job regulating taxis. We got refused multiple times (with various excuses) when the drivers heard that we were going to places near by. They seem to be only interested if we were going to the airport, or the Terracotta Warriors. Finally, we resigned and started to take buses. If you take buses, walk about 10 minutes to the Bell Tower. There you can find buses to almost anywhere in the city. To go to the Terracotta Warriors, take a taxi to the train station (if you are lucky enough to find one to take you there. We couldn't since the driver insisted driving us all the way to the Terracotta), or walk to the Bell Tower, take a bus to the train station, and then take Bus 306 (Chinese bus green 5) for 7 yuan, and get off at the last stop. You'll see a long line waiting for Bus 306 at the train station square (refuse any other offers), which moved pretty fast.
Overall, a nice stay. Definitely will consider stay here again next time in Xian.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citadines Central Xi’an is the first international brand serviced residence in Xi’an. Its ideal location in the city centre places it within walking distance to office towers with multinational companies, famous local specialty food street and cafés, and a bustling street bazaar. Just an hour's drive from the city center is the famous Terra cotta Warriors, a Unesco World Heritage Site. At Citadines, you can have the freedom to live the life you want. Just choose from our menu of flexible services to suit your lifestyle and budget.Your serviced residence has everything you need for rest, work and play - in a living space that doubles up as a home office with wireless internet access. The residence features a fully-equipped kitchen and living room, separate from the bedroom, so you can invite friends over or recharge after a hard day's work.The sleek home entertainment system with cable TV mounded on wall and slides smoothly from bedroom to living room, so you can watch TV or enjoy your favorite music wherever you want.Drop by the Breakfast Lounge for freshly brewed coffee. Or work out at the Fitness Corner and relax at the TV Lounge - the options are endless. At Citadines, you will find friendly staff who are delighted to share their local knowledge and help you settle in quickly and experience the local culture.Citadines Central Xi’an is one of a vibrant collection of The Ascott Limited’s serviced residences in over 70 cities in Asia Pacific, Europe and the Gulf Region. A member of CapitaLand, it is the global leader in branded serviced residences, bringing you more than 25 years’ experience in supporting travellers who work and live away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Citadines Central Xi'an reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Central Xi`An Hotel Xi`An
- Citadines Apart Hotel Xi An
- Citadines Central Xi'An China/Shaanxi