After a lovely stay at the Tang Dynasty Art Garden Hotel outside the city walls, I decided to move in town and found the Citadines Central Xi'an online at a very reasonable rate. In contrast to the highly atmospheric stay at Tang, the Citadines offered a convenient, contemporary retreat.
The location is fantastic: just a block from the Drum Tower and Bell Tower and metro station, right around the corner from the airport shuttle bus, a couple of blocks from the Muslim quarter going north, and "bar street" (aka Defu Lane) going south. The fact that it is just off the major avenue meant that it was quieter. As other reviewers noted, be sure to ask for a higher floor (7 and above).
My studio apartment was well designed, spacious, light and airy. Although the heat/air was a bit wacky, the minfridge, WiFi and shower were great. The furniture is IKEA-esque but functional and comfortable. Even with a kitchenette provided, my rate included breakfast. I made brunch out of the full hot buffet downstairs at the adjoining restaurant. You could also go to the 6th floor lounge for continental breakfast to go. Also, free (mediocre) coffee throughout the day on the 6th floor if you don't want to go to the two Starbucks a couple of blocks away.
Last, but not least, the front desk people spoke English and were really helpful! (Not so with the tour desk.) Tip: if looking for a place or item, ask them to write it down in Chinese characters so that you can actually find it if asking a local on the street by just sign/body language. Very little English spoken in Xi'an.
Overall, a very good and comfortable stay at the Citadines.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citadines Central Xi’an is the first international brand serviced residence in Xi’an. Its ideal location in the city centre places it within walking distance to office towers with multinational companies, famous local specialty food street and cafés, and a bustling street bazaar. Just an hour's drive from the city center is the famous Terra cotta Warriors, a Unesco World Heritage Site. At Citadines, you can have the freedom to live the life you want. Just choose from our menu of flexible services to suit your lifestyle and budget.Your serviced residence has everything you need for rest, work and play - in a living space that doubles up as a home office with wireless internet access. The residence features a fully-equipped kitchen and living room, separate from the bedroom, so you can invite friends over or recharge after a hard day's work.The sleek home entertainment system with cable TV mounded on wall and slides smoothly from bedroom to living room, so you can watch TV or enjoy your favorite music wherever you want.Drop by the Breakfast Lounge for freshly brewed coffee. Or work out at the Fitness Corner and relax at the TV Lounge - the options are endless. At Citadines, you will find friendly staff who are delighted to share their local knowledge and help you settle in quickly and experience the local culture.Citadines Central Xi’an is one of a vibrant collection of The Ascott Limited’s serviced residences in over 70 cities in Asia Pacific, Europe and the Gulf Region. A member of CapitaLand, it is the global leader in branded serviced residences, bringing you more than 25 years’ experience in supporting travellers who work and live away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Citadines Central Xi'an reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Central Xi`An Hotel Xi`An
- Citadines Apart Hotel Xi An
- Citadines Central Xi'An China/Shaanxi