Using other people's reviews made it easy to reach the Citadines in Xi'an. At the airport, we went outside and caught bus 1 for a hassle free ride into Xi'an. After getting off at the Melody Hotel, we walked from the bus back the way we had just come to the first street, looked right and there was the hotel logo on top of the hotel for us to use as a guide. The check in was smooth, the people behind the desk courteous and very helpful. Our room was spotlessly clean. I used the small kitchen to prepare a couple of lunches and there was everything I needed. Our bed was very comfortable. I especially liked the fact I could slide the partititons and have two rooms instead of one large room. I also liked the way you could slide the tv along a track to watch it in either the sitting area or the bedroom. There was also a dvd player but I didn't check to see if they had dvd's available. We should have brought some English language ones to watch even though there were English language channels on the TV. One breakfast was included which my husband ate as I am not much of a breakfast person. He said the food was hit or miss. He felt the quality of the food was determined by the number of people that they were trying to serve. One morning he watched as fresh water was poured over used coffee grounds to make a slightly colored brew that was anything but coffee. When he complained, they gladly made another pot of coffee. The Citadines was wonderfully located. Close to the center of the old area and within walking distance of many attractions. The South Gate of the city is only a short walk away. For a small fee you can walk the wall which is as wide as a street , take a very bumpy bicycle ride or a trolly. Down below, on the new city side of the wall is a lovely park with lots of places to sit and watch how the park is used by both the young and the old. As you approach the South Gate wall from the Citadines area, you can take an underground passage to the left and you will see a blue Chinese gate in the same block as the Subway sandwich shop. Behind and beyond the arch is a great area for purchasing chops, brushes and lots of well done Chinese art work. for very reasonable prices. Many of the water colors can be rolled and put into a box for safe travel and make wonderful gifts for yourself or others. The Citadines is also near the Mosem quarter. the prices are very high compared to Shanghai. I am sure these people have to earn their money within a short span of time as the winters are very cold with few tourists. I have been living in China for the the last six months and I don't eat street food. However, I did purchase an ear of roasted corn. Even though I only ate a couple of bites...I was reminded why I can't eat street food because I got very sick. If you have a cast iron stomach eat the street food. Otherwise you could be unlucky enough to have your trip interrupted with illness. I felt the Citadines offered a great value. It was very well maintained and an oasis of order and cleanliness after the grime of the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citadines Central Xi’an is the first international brand serviced residence in Xi’an. Its ideal location in the city centre places it within walking distance to office towers with multinational companies, famous local specialty food street and cafés, and a bustling street bazaar. Just an hour's drive from the city center is the famous Terra cotta Warriors, a Unesco World Heritage Site. At Citadines, you can have the freedom to live the life you want. Just choose from our menu of flexible services to suit your lifestyle and budget.Your serviced residence has everything you need for rest, work and play - in a living space that doubles up as a home office with wireless internet access. The residence features a fully-equipped kitchen and living room, separate from the bedroom, so you can invite friends over or recharge after a hard day's work.The sleek home entertainment system with cable TV mounded on wall and slides smoothly from bedroom to living room, so you can watch TV or enjoy your favorite music wherever you want.Drop by the Breakfast Lounge for freshly brewed coffee. Or work out at the Fitness Corner and relax at the TV Lounge - the options are endless. At Citadines, you will find friendly staff who are delighted to share their local knowledge and help you settle in quickly and experience the local culture.Citadines Central Xi’an is one of a vibrant collection of The Ascott Limited’s serviced residences in over 70 cities in Asia Pacific, Europe and the Gulf Region. A member of CapitaLand, it is the global leader in branded serviced residences, bringing you more than 25 years’ experience in supporting travellers who work and live away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Citadines Central Xi'an reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Central Xi`An Hotel Xi`An
- Citadines Apart Hotel Xi An
- Citadines Central Xi'An China/Shaanxi