I was there in Xian again for a business trip and this time i choose Shangri-la over Sheraton . Here is major feedback
1. Good Hotel, 45 mins from Airport , rapid Check in and Very friendly reception staff which can speak kind of OK English.
2. Rooms are good, with abundant space , Electronic Locker and good neat spacious Bathrooms with good accessories.
3. Lobby is good spacious and has built in Wine shoppe.
4. Very good International cafe with marvelous Buffet Breakfast , Dining and Wine selections. Equally good Thai restaurant and Chinese restaurant in terms of Food and hygiene .
5. Service is although slower in Chinese restaurant .
6. Well If you are seeking a booking with complimentary stuff. then you would be disappointed. they don't provide you with many options and seem to charge for everything and that too pretty big.
7. WIFI is claimed to be high speed. But i found it to be rather slow then i got in sheraton xian few months back.
8. GYM and SPA are marvelous . GYM is the best GYM i have seen in hotels
9. i had a chat with a British Visitor who is like a regular in this part of world. He says this Hotel is hit with Chinese visitors. But International visitors mostly prefer Sheraton Xian or other options because Sheraton is too Chinese and i agree to that.
10. There House keeping was disappointing, they keep on pinging me even when i had Donot disturb balb on
10. i liked my stay here, but not sure will choose it again i find Sheraton to be more cost effective with same standard of amenities .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-la, Xian is located in the prestigious financial and shopping district of the Gao Xin Hi-tech Development Zooe, hotel enjoys easy access to Xian's leading business, entertainment and shopping destinations. A prime residence for both busniess and leisure travelers, the hotel is just 30 minutes drive from Xian International Airport and 45 minutes from the world-famous Terra-Cotta Warriors Museum. Hotel provides Complimentary shuttle bus service for all in-house paying guests on Weekend and public holiday. The hotel comprises 395 tastefully appointed rooms and suites, all with floor-to-ceiling glass windows and stunning views of the landscaped gardens or the city. At 57 square meters, the spacious Grand Premier rooms are the largest guestrooms in Xian for the discerning traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Expedia and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel,Xian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La Hotel,Xian China/Shaanxi
- Shangri La Hotel Xi An