Another long overdue review... Stayed at this hotel in June, from the outset when I first contacted them about getting form the airport to the hotel, their communication was prompt and professional.
Firstly the room - despite booking a non-smoking room - did smell of stale cigarette smoke, which can be unbearable and I had thought of asking for another room but the next day, the smell was hardly noticeable.
Breakfasts are great so much choice and the staff are super efficient in clearing tables and offering more coffee.
The rooms are older style but clean and comfortable. Enjoyed a few drinks at the Sofitel hotel (within the same complex) as the Mercure only has a breakfast room.
Evening meals were enjoyed at a local mall within 10 walk and they were thoroughly enjoyable as all the staff in the food-mall went out of their way to help with translations of menus.
All the staff at this hotel were so helpful it made for a great stay in Xian.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure on Renmin Square Xian is a comfortable, elegantly appointed hotel, featuring 113 rooms, as well as dining and meeting facilities. Located in the grounds of Renmin Square, in the heart of the commercial and government district, the hotel is minutes away from the major shopping centres and cultural sites and is ideal for all travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure On Renmin Square Xian Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Mercure Hotel Xi An
- Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi