I booked the hotel just for a day as I had to stay in Xian for my connecting flight.
Location was very convenient as it is fairly near to all the attractions.
Room is FUNCTIONAL (if you are there for a business trip and not fussy about the room). Basic creature comforts.
If you are there for sightseeing and want to come back to a lovely comfortable hotel room , this is not that place. (Sorry I have to be frank)
Shower area have a very funky mouldy smell but water stream pressure was good.
My room's air conditioned system somehow got warm & stuffy at about 10pm. Thought something was wrong , so I called housekeeping. To my horror, the housekeeping lady told me that the central air conditioning is switched off that is why the room is so warm.
Why in the world does a 4 star hotel switch off central air conditioning at an alloted timing ? To save electricity ?
Stayed in other Mercure hotels around the world and this had to be the worst in my book.
Saving grace was the Touch Spa situated adjacent to the mercure. Massuers were professional and massage was really good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure on Renmin Square Xian is a comfortable, elegantly appointed hotel, featuring 113 rooms, as well as dining and meeting facilities. Located in the grounds of Renmin Square, in the heart of the commercial and government district, the hotel is minutes away from the major shopping centres and cultural sites and is ideal for all travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure On Renmin Square Xian Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Mercure Hotel Xi An
- Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi