I can mostly repeat what others say here: 1)This square is a very nice area highlighted with the luxurious 5 star Sofitel at the center; 2) You can use the unbelievable pool and gym at the Sofitel while staying at the Mercure; 3) Bus 306 is easy to catch about a block away to carry you to the Terra Cotta Warriers; 4) There's not much around there as far as restaurants or shopping and Muslim street is the place to go for eating and such. But contrary to other reviewers, we believe it is really too far to walk there. The local double-decker bus (603?) makes the rounds in the area quite frequently, so you can catch it. The Mercure is smaller than the Sofitel, but they are big on service. Just like other visitors reported, we were upgraded to a suite at no extra charge. So, if you are on a budget, I recommend staying here. If money is no object, you might try the Sofitel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure on Renmin Square Xian is a comfortable, elegantly appointed hotel, featuring 113 rooms, as well as dining and meeting facilities. Located in the grounds of Renmin Square, in the heart of the commercial and government district, the hotel is minutes away from the major shopping centres and cultural sites and is ideal for all travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure On Renmin Square Xian Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Mercure Hotel Xi An
- Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi