The Mercure is the cheapest and smallest of three Accor hotels all in the same location and sharing the same attractive gardens,indoor pool,restaurants and bars. Most of the facilities are located in the Sofitel just a short walk through the grounds. We tried the Chinese, the Moroccan and the Japanese restaurant and enjoyed all three but thought they closed very early (10pm). The nightclub in the Sofitel served good cocktails and had live music. The Mercure only serves a breakfast buffet which was quite poor. The Hotel is not really walking distance from the main tourist attractions but George the concierge will at short notice book a taxi for you and tell the driver where you want to be dropped. Taxis rides round the city are metered and cost around £1 or £2 but the drivers do not speak any English. The concierge could also book you tours or arrange a private vehicle for about six hours costing about £40.
If you are touring independently this is a great hotel to stay in. Friends however may not like the way the bathroom is screened from the bedroom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure on Renmin Square Xian is a comfortable, elegantly appointed hotel, featuring 113 rooms, as well as dining and meeting facilities. Located in the grounds of Renmin Square, in the heart of the commercial and government district, the hotel is minutes away from the major shopping centres and cultural sites and is ideal for all travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure On Renmin Square Xian Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Mercure Hotel Xi An
- Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi