I generally love Sofitels and Sofitel Xian didn't disappoint. It was a great value for the high standard offered. I recommend taking the club room (more space and access to the lounge with happy hours drinks & food between 1730-1930 and a great choice). Don't really pay extra for city view .. the city itself is not worth it. Xian is a bit industrial and don't have nice building in the centre. So personnally I wouldn't pay extra for it.
Generally the service offered by the hotel is very good. Very nice swimminpool and gym. I personnally didn't really like the changing room and sauna/steam room area as it was all dark with very little light.. didn't feel very clean (where I'm sure it was).
The cafe Azur (red pillars) is good value for money and lots of choice. I also recommend the Japanese and Morrocan restaurants in the other wing of the hotel. These are very good restaurants.
To visit the Terracota Warriors, the hotel has an office arranging visits. They organised a private tour (guide + car) for us. you can negotiate prices too! It cost us 100$ for the two of us for 3 sites stops (Wild Goose Pagoda + Terracota Warriors + Hot Springs). These are the most recommended sites to see!
Generally the hotel staff was very friendly, helpful and offered a great service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The majestic Sofitel Xian On Renmin Square locates right in the heart of its walled city. It is in the hotel complex of beautifully landscaped gardens stand a series of historical buildings of Sino-Russian architecture echoing more than 50 years of history. The 414 spacious guestrooms equipped with ultra-modern conveniences - the exclusive Sofitel's MY BED, rainforest shower, complimentary wireless Internet access. For the busy executive traveller requiring extra efficiency, the Club Sofitel has 56 rooms and suites with upgraded facilities, services and exclusive benefits. Azur delights with fresh, savory Mediterranean dishes and European specialties. At the Casablanca, experience authentic Moroccan dishes. Koi, our Japanese Restaurant is the very best in Japanese cuisine with an elegant atmosphere. Le Chinois is the most prestigious Cantonese restaurant in the city. Bar Bambu is the lobby bar with romantic live music, and you can also enjoy the international music our Habana Club of finest wine and cigars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sofitel Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Xian On Renmin Square Hotel Xi`An
- Sofitel Xi An
- Accor Xi An
- Xi'an Sofitel
- Sofitel Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi