“Terracotta Army Trip”

Sofitel Xian on Renmin Square
Ranked #7 of 2,616 Hotels in Xi'an
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed for 2 days, room was comfortable.
Hotel is spread out, did not do breakfast or eat in the hotel. Small local places were ok,
Very good spicy hot pot nearby from the hei da lou chain.

Arranged with a local taxi to visit the army, 400rmb for the day, going to other attractions also.

Room Tip: no comment
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelXian, Manager at Sofitel Xian on Renmin Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear guest,

Once again we thank you for sharing with us your experience, and we look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Xian on Renmin Square

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed with family during a recent trip to xi'an. It's in walking distance to the snacks central for the variety of local food. The hotel car (an Audi a6) is also good for day trips to see the famous terracotta warrior museum and a few surrounding sights, for a reasonable sum of 798 rmb for a day's hire. Breakfast buffet is very adequate. Probably the only downside is that the rooms feels a bit dated being an old communist time building? But would highly recommend this hotel

Stayed: February 2014

Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Xian on Renmin Square. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

William Yuen
Hotel Manager

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had a pleasant stay at Sofitel Xi'an from Feb. 14 to Feb. 17 in Room 7821. With my Gold card, we were offered upgrade upon check-in right away. The service at Club Sofitel was excellent, and staff there were always friendly and ready to help, but I'm sorry I cannot recall any name. Buffet breakfast was nice but should have offered more choices, especially when you eat there on three mornings. We loved the omelettes, by the way! The room was clean, quite and spacious, so we had some great sleeps. This was our first visit to Xi'an, and we will definitely come back to stay with Sofitel on our next trip. I understand that Accor does not offer points if we booked through travel agency, but I was the one who had paid for my stay, right? I hope the three nights could be credited to my account. Thanks!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 17HomZ
SofitelXian, Manager at Sofitel Xian on Renmin Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much indeed for taking time to provide us your comments following your recent stay with us.We were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the facilities and services of the hotel lived up to your expectation. Meanwhile, your comments on the Le Club points for your stay will be fowarded to relavent deparments.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

The best hotel in all my China travels for 1/3 the price of a lot of Hong Kong rooms. The shower was amazing, the bed was the best asleep we'd had in weeks and the restaurant selection was unmatched. Check-in was instantaneous and service was much friendlier than Hong Kong or Beijing hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew G

Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Xian on Renmin Square. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

When we arrived late in the evening they didn't have the rooms we had booked ( 2 rooms one for myself and my husband and my son and his wife) the lady said she could upgrade our room with one king and 2 twin beds. She assured us it was much better but she would not allow us to see the room and once we agreed we would not be allowed to change. She made us wait to well after midnight to get our rooms ( probably about a half an hours wait) So we decided not to take the chance so we were then put into another wing of the hotel which meant a 5 minute walk through a freezing cold corridor to get there. We had to do this each time we got back to our hotel as that is where the taxis drop you off. And of course the bar and restaurant is in the main part of the building so it's constant walking. The room was nice enough but having to keep doing that walk was annoying. On leaving we saw a notice which said we should have been given a ticket for a chance for a free nights stay, so when my husband questioned that they just laughed and said we could get a free upgrade next time, he said we won't be back so they said give us your address and we will send chocolates. Also in the bar I ordered a baileys coffee, then afterwards I asked my son who speaks fluent chinese to order me a regular coffee without the baileys this time. She returned with a baileys coffee. I told her it was wrong and wanted the regular coffee I ordered. She took it away and returned 2 minutes later with it saying she can't take it off the bill!! So not only did I have to pay for 2 baileys coffees but she didn't even let me have a free regular coffee so I had to pay for that as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Eileen B
SofitelXian, Manager at Sofitel Xian on Renmin Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback, we regret to note your displeasure and the inconvenience caused by the service shortfall with our lobby lounge and reception team members. Please accept our apologies for any discomfort because of this.

We are extremely disappointed with the performance of the team on this occasion. Clearly we performed poorly in these areas and we do sincerely apologize. At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We have reviewed the comments line by line with our team to how this could happen and we have implemented additional procedures to ensure this never happens again.

We wish to thank you for writing and raising these issues and highlight the problems so we can strengthen our procedures further and improve.

Once again, we appreciate your sharing your comments, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Sofitel Xi’an on Renmin Square

Reviewed February 5, 2014

By the far the most luxurious of the 3 hotels we stayed at during our trip. The suites are huge with a separate work area and sitting area. The bathrooms were very well appointed including a bath tub and separate shower. If it wasn't for the smog in the city we could have easily stayed longer here. The breakfast was absolutely delicious with a great choice of healthy and less so goodies. The rooms were just a touch over heated, so we had to open the windows for a short while. The room service were very attentive to our needs. Wifi worked great. The view from the rooms was neat-there was a colorful (lit up at night in different colors) pagoda style building just opposite our room.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite- they are so comfy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ell613
SofitelXian, Manager at Sofitel Xian on Renmin Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed here for a few days during a business trip to the city whilst attending a conference. The hotel is like other luxury hotels I've stayed at in China - top of the range where everything is spotlessly clean, great facilities and helpful staff. The breakfasts are fantastic with something for everyone and I had no complaints or issues at all. If only my own home was this nice!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Antony B
SofitelXian, Manager at Sofitel Xian on Renmin Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014