We stayed here for 3 nights during our recent trip. The lady who checked us in (Candy) was very helpful and her English was excellent. We had a very large room with a good size bathroom and separate walk in closet area. Both the public areas in the hotel and the rooms are very modern, beautifully kept, spacious and very calming.
The location was very good. We walked to most places we wanted and there is a good choice of western restaurants within the hotel, albeit on the pricey side.
My only 2 negative comments were that the pool heating wasn't working when we were there, however these things happen. Plus we had a real mix up with taxis when we left. Despite me checking in the morning that it would be easy to get a taxi straight away at 3. When we checked out, I was told that getting a taxi would be nigh on impossible. We waited 40 mins for a taxi (with a couple of dodgy options being offered to us) and almost missed our train. When I asked the hotel to take us in their car to ensure we got to the station on time, they tried to charge me 300 yuan for a 5 minute ride, which I thought was outrageous considering the mix up had been their fault.
I have still given the hotel 4/5 as I don't think it is fair to let one hour of confusion spoil a good 3 night stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The majestic Sofitel Xian On Renmin Square locates right in the heart of its walled city. It is in the hotel complex of beautifully landscaped gardens stand a series of historical buildings of Sino-Russian architecture echoing more than 50 years of history. The 414 spacious guestrooms equipped with ultra-modern conveniences - the exclusive Sofitel's MY BED, rainforest shower, complimentary wireless Internet access. For the busy executive traveller requiring extra efficiency, the Club Sofitel has 56 rooms and suites with upgraded facilities, services and exclusive benefits. Azur delights with fresh, savory Mediterranean dishes and European specialties. At the Casablanca, experience authentic Moroccan dishes. Koi, our Japanese Restaurant is the very best in Japanese cuisine with an elegant atmosphere. Le Chinois is the most prestigious Cantonese restaurant in the city. Bar Bambu is the lobby bar with romantic live music, and you can also enjoy the international music our Habana Club of finest wine and cigars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Xian On Renmin Square Hotel Xi`An
- Sofitel Xi An
- Accor Xi An
- Xi'an Sofitel
- Sofitel Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi