Stayed in the hotel in June 2013. Location of the hotel is quite good, specially if you want to walk to the sightseeing things. There are some busses going by the street as well, so if you know where to go they are easy to use. The underground station is quite far, and during our visit only the first line was open anyway.
Our room was by the road (I guess building number 7). There was no sound from the street, which was a very good thing, since the street is quite busy. Our room was quite big, the bed was good if you like hard mattress. Bathroom was spacious but not enough space to put your toilet bag. Room was clean and for the week that we stayed there it was cleaned everyday quite well. Room and other places are little bit worn out, but not yet too bad. During our visit the temperature outside was quite high (40C top) but the room was still comfortably cool.
Staff was helpful, even though we arrived quite early we got the room ahead of normal time.
Breakfast was ok, better than average. Only problem was that it was served in an other building, so you have to walk there either outside or by using underground tunnel.
There was free wifi which worked quite fast.
Only negative thing was that at least to our room on the fourth floor some evenings there was some music coming from somewhere within the building, though it was not too loud nor too late.
The area of the hotel was funny. There were several buildings under the same brand. Once it was kind of a part of the governmental compound which is next to the hotel.
I can recommend this hotel if you want to stay within the city wall in Xi'an.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The majestic Sofitel Xian On Renmin Square locates right in the heart of its walled city. It is in the hotel complex of beautifully landscaped gardens stand a series of historical buildings of Sino-Russian architecture echoing more than 50 years of history. The 414 spacious guestrooms equipped with ultra-modern conveniences - the exclusive Sofitel's MY BED, rainforest shower, complimentary wireless Internet access. For the busy executive traveller requiring extra efficiency, the Club Sofitel has 56 rooms and suites with upgraded facilities, services and exclusive benefits. Azur delights with fresh, savory Mediterranean dishes and European specialties. At the Casablanca, experience authentic Moroccan dishes. Koi, our Japanese Restaurant is the very best in Japanese cuisine with an elegant atmosphere. Le Chinois is the most prestigious Cantonese restaurant in the city. Bar Bambu is the lobby bar with romantic live music, and you can also enjoy the international music our Habana Club of finest wine and cigars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Xian On Renmin Square Hotel Xi`An
- Sofitel Xi An
- Accor Xi An
- Xi'an Sofitel
- Sofitel Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi