It was part of the Grand Mercure franchise in a tri-hotel complex. Secluded from the hustle and bustle of the rest of Xi'an, the hotel was quite good. Rooms were clean and food in the restaurants in the complex were good.
We had a bad experience with the staff refusing to change the room to a non smoking one saying they were booked up until we said there were allergies involved. but after that it was ok.
Clean place, newer decor, recently renovated. Internet service is available for free if I remember right. There is also a club in the hotel that gets quite wild with good music and a crowd.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mercure Renmin Square is a heritage hotel, first opened in 1957 and is located in the grounds of Renmin Square. The hotel reflects the Sino Russian style of architecture, which is steeped in revolutionary history. There are 202 well appointed rooms, a restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Grand Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure On Renmin Square Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Accor Xi An
- Grand Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi