Hotel is part of Accor chain and shares facilities with Sofitels and other hotel on Renmin square. It feels safe with security on gates 24h, even though we really felt safe anywhere in China in our travels anyway. It's about 20-30 mins walk to Bell Tower area, where you have all the shopping, restaurants etc. Staff was helpful. Concierge organized a driver and private tour to Terracotta army for same price as tour operators.
Room was a bit smaller than in other hotels we've stayed in other cities, but sufficient for the 2 nights we have been there.
Bed was quite hard, so if you prefer softer check some other hotel. Also swimming pool is located in Sofitel building.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mercure Renmin Square is a heritage hotel, first opened in 1957 and is located in the grounds of Renmin Square. The hotel reflects the Sino Russian style of architecture, which is steeped in revolutionary history. There are 202 well appointed rooms, a restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure On Renmin Square Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Accor Xi An
- Grand Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi