Xian is a bit daunting when you arrive! Very industrial and busy so this gated complex of 3 hotels (mercure, grand mercure and sofitel) feels like a nice haven of peace and quiet! The lobby area of the hotel is lovely and the corridors/breakfast area also are decorated very nicely (not especially modern - more classic). Actually I preferred their decor and the ambience of this hotel to the Sofitel. You'll probably find that you go into the sofitel as the bars/restaurants are there. Only ate in the sofitel once - it was expensive and very bland! No real complaints about our room although the bed was very hard. It did have a mattress topper but it didn't compensate enough! Breakfast was included in our rate and we were happy with the offering. There were lots of staff around too so nothing seemed too much trouble. They also cooked eggs to order at the buffet. Concierge service was OK but nothing to write home about! It was not a high end luxurious hotel but at the rate we paid we didn't expect 5*! Overall, would I recommend the hotel and would I stay here again - yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mercure Renmin Square is a heritage hotel, first opened in 1957 and is located in the grounds of Renmin Square. The hotel reflects the Sino Russian style of architecture, which is steeped in revolutionary history. There are 202 well appointed rooms, a restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, ACCOR and Ctrip TA so you can book your Grand Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure On Renmin Square Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Accor Xi An
- Grand Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi