We arrived quite late to this hotel due to the lateness of our fast train arrival time. I dont like room service so we went to the adjacent Sofitel for a late supper, the staff were very pleasant and food quite good. I must admit we were surprised with the size of the bed, it's huge, three people could sleep it. I knew that we were staying in a "compound" style property but was disappointed that we had to go to the Sofitel for a swim, I had presumed that the Mercure had a swimming pool. This meant I felt obliged to accompany my teenager daughter to the pool each time she wanted to swim. Breakfast was ok but the food only warm, not hot, unless you ordered an egg or omelette.
The rooms are quite large, we shared with our daughter (who was on a fold up), and were given a corner room. It was very quiet, which was a pleasant change to our bustling, huge Beijing hotel. I suggest this hotel for couples and business. Children would find the lack of pool etc a bit too quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mercure Renmin Square is a heritage hotel, first opened in 1957 and is located in the grounds of Renmin Square. The hotel reflects the Sino Russian style of architecture, which is steeped in revolutionary history. There are 202 well appointed rooms, a restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, ACCOR, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure On Renmin Square Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Accor Xi An
- Grand Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi