Stayed in this hotel for two nights and used it as a base to go and see the Terracotta Warriors which are a "must see".
The hotel is part of a complex in its own grounds and is beautifully laid out. The hotel is adequately served with restaurants ranging from a Brazilian Buffet to Cantonese. We ate in the Cantonese and the food was very good and reasonably priced. Staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and helpful and were happy to chat with you. Our room was nicely laid out and the bathroom was exceptionally large and nice. I did however find the bed too firm for my liking. One small complaint was that I had to use my mobile phone to illuminate the safety deposit box instructions which were located on the safe at floor level in the wardrobe in the corner of the room.
Having said that I would certainly stay here again. The hotel is centrally located not far from the Bell Tower and the city wall. Xian is far different and far nicer than Beijing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mercure Renmin Square is a heritage hotel, first opened in 1957 and is located in the grounds of Renmin Square. The hotel reflects the Sino Russian style of architecture, which is steeped in revolutionary history. There are 202 well appointed rooms, a restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure On Renmin Square Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Accor Xi An
- Grand Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi