Stayed here for 3 nights and my reviews are as follows:
- It is located in a gated garden community wit Sofitel and Mercure. Kind off exclusive and clean surrounding. Most importanly, it is safe to walk to nearby shopping malls (plenty of food, supermarket etc). Quite good location. To muslim quarters and bell tower - it is a short RMB 10 tuk tuk ride from hotel.
2. Lobby and Check In
- small lobby but quite ok. However, the check in area is very small. I have to wait about 10 minutes before my turn. Check in staff was ok, could speak limited english. Acceptable.
3. Superior Room
- rooms are ok. Quite good size, flat screen tv, big bathroom with bathtub. Overall, no complains. Very huge and comfy beds provided.
4. Buffet Breakfast
- good selections and spread. However, it is the same same spread and food everyday. Hotel should do something about this.
- we could use facilities at Sofitel. So, it is very good indeed.
Overall, this is a good hotel in Xi'An city. Located in quiet section of the city. Staffs and manager Ruby were very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mercure Renmin Square is a heritage hotel, first opened in 1957 and is located in the grounds of Renmin Square. The hotel reflects the Sino Russian style of architecture, which is steeped in revolutionary history. There are 202 well appointed rooms, a restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, ACCOR, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure On Renmin Square Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Accor Xi An
- Grand Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi