We had 3 rooms for a week in Xian. One in our party was missing their cellphone charger left plugged in the wall on day 4. Although reporting it to front desk, we had little hope of its return as they didn't record our loss and never asked the room number until I asked if they wanted it. We kept valuables in the room safe but didn't think that would include phone charger!
I would have given this hotel 4 stars as the staff was friendly, knowledgeable and even maids spoke some English. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Great location and free umbrellas for rainy days. Some inter-room noise heard and bathroom could use refurbishing (recaulked bath and no sink plunger.) Tasty food served in elegant restaurants although cheaper, authentic Xian food found nearby. Great fitness center at Sofitel next door that Mercure guests can use.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Mercure Renmin Square is a heritage hotel, first opened in 1957 and is located in the grounds of Renmin Square. The hotel reflects the Sino Russian style of architecture, which is steeped in revolutionary history. There are 202 well appointed rooms, a restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA and ACCOR so you can book your Grand Mercure Xian on Renmin Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure On Renmin Square Hotel Xi`An
- Mercure Xi An
- Accor Xi An
- Grand Mercure Xian On Renmin Square China/Shaanxi