“I was there in July 2006”

Tomb of Emperor Tang Gaozong (Qianling)
Book on TripAdvisor
More Info
$87.75*
and up
Private Day Tour of Xian Qianling Mausoleum and Famen Temple
Ranked #40 of 334 things to do in Xi'an
Cape Cod
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I was there in July 2006”
Reviewed September 13, 2006

As part of a college study tour, our professor brought us to the tombs just outside of Xian. The bus ride was long and our tour guide and driver got lost but we did find it with some help of the locals and a quick bribe. The layout itself was awesome and the views even better. Most of the group went to the top of the mountain by way of horse but I stayed back to rest in the shade and examine the headless statues. There is where I met a cute Chinese girl who wanted to practice her English. Her parents owned one of the stores near the tombs and she gave me a history lesson about the site. She was great and I wanted to bring her back to the States but we had to leave. I wish her well in her education at the University studying English. Overall the site was a great place and would encourage those who visit Xian to take a day and see it.

4 Thank DCReynolds