Tianyu Gloria Grand Hotel Xian
$151
$105
$101
CrownePlaza.com
All reviewsnice hotelshopping mallswimming pooltwo double bedsterracotta armylobbytileskettlegymxi
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The architect has done a great job. To me it ranks among the best-designed hotels in China, with regards in particular to rooms. The execution of "the plan" is however a bit disappointing. Worn out or cheap details in the room, wardrobe doors not sliding well, defects in corners or pannels-joints are here and there visible. It makes it "old China", meaning with this espression "China before the economical boom".
Room: large, designed with fantasy, with fine high and painted ceiling, good air conditioner system. Not at all sound proof (another cheap-thing indicator). Fine, large, well enlighted bathrooms (I tried 2 different rooms, both with fine baths).
Food: two options, both fine. Fusion Buffet on the 3rd floor is a safe option for westerns desiring a break from chinese kitchen.
I interacted with the management and had a positive impression of their professionality. Furthermore, my request to change room was positively accepted. (The reason of changinf was the lound noise untl 4am of a closeby karaoke).
Cleanness was not spotless, in the sense that you may not find it dirty, but few things like the room desk and the items on it have not dust upon them, but still feel dirty at touch.
Swimming pool particularly nice, with nice gym area. The water didn't seem particularly transparent, though...Service in spa area is careful.
Overall: I could come back because the overall experience was good. It's not a perfect place, despite the grandeur of architecture aimed to top standards.
Not all the staff is fluent in English, but kindness and will to help were visible in all departments -actually, if I'll be back it will be mostly because of the service from personnel and management.

Room Tip: Looking at the entrance, skip rooms facing the right side of the building: very noisy due to a karaoke pub. Aim at high floors.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Hedin
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I stayed 4 nights at this hotel for a conference in Xi'an. Hotel was great - rooms were clean, plenty of amenities in the rooms (shampoo, toothbrush/toothpaste, cotton swabs, shaving kit, lotion, etc.), bath towels and wash cloths replaced daily, even though I didn't ask them to be, flat screen TV (had a couple of English channels, but not many...did have HBO), wired internet that was fairly fast, complimentary bottled water and a safe. My only complaint is that the beds are rock hard and pretty uncomfortable. Breakfast in the Atrium Cafe was very nice - lots of options, fresh fruit, fried eggs cooked to order, and the staff were very friendly. Most of the staff do not speak great English, which was to be expected, but some did and were extremely friendly and helpful. Many reviewers have mentioned that this hotel is directly across the street from Wal-Mart, which is true, but many did not mention that the Wal-Mart is also in a mall. There is a 3-story mall across the street...the 3rd floor is actually nothing but local restaurants, which was very cool! We also were able to take the hotel car for a tour of the city (for much cheaper than the Xi'an organized tours cost), including the Terra Cotta Warrios, Banpo Museum and the City Wall. I wasn't much a fan of the Banpo Museum...but it sounds like they would be flexible if you wanted them to take you to some other things in the city (I wish I would've asked to see the Wild Goose Pagoda instead of the museum). The driver did not speak English, but here was very friendly and politely opened the door for me every time we got in and out of the car. They will exchange up to $100USD per guest, per day, and there is also a cash machine in the front lobby where you can withdraw yen from. Overall I had a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lauren W
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed here after moving out of the Xi'An Hotel and did not set our expectations too high after that disaster of a hotel. However, we were not only pleasantly surprised but we were bowled over by this hotel! The bellmen were efficient, courteous and were very quick to bring up our luggage, then apologized for taking so long.

The rooms were very pleasantly decorated and the beds were typical of China, solid but not rock, concrete hard. The bathrooms were very beautiful and the scenes from the 24th floor at night were amazing!

The only complaint I had was we couldn't figure out the a/c but we just opened a window and it was fine. They do have fans downstairs tha they'll bring up if you want them but it was so pleasant outside we didn't bother.

The Atrium cafe on the 3rd floor has a great dinner selection and the most wonderful breakfast buffet.

2 thumbs up!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view and don't get one facing the street or you'll hear the horns honking all night long.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank thomfamily69
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Wonderful hotel I had room on 23 floor with views across the city - not a room more a suite and every room has huge bed great bathroom and a desk with wifi connector plus a couple of settees and a coffee table. Robes slippers and all the bathroom needs shampoo conditioner etc. Suggest bringing own coffee if u don't like nescafe with whitener and sugar (all in one satchet). Breakfast choice huge there was bacon ham, beans and fried eggs (latter at cook to order) I ignored all the black eggs etc but they have a wide range of chinese delicacies too! There was toast croissants Danish pastries and fruit and good coffee so no problems there. We did have a meal in the restaurant - buffet style and no one starved.

Room Tip: there were a lot of weddings at every hotel we stayed at. I suggest higher floors would be quieter - but some of the party were on 13 & 14 and they were not disturbed
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank VamC
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for two nights in April 2011 as part of a tour of China.

The hotel is very clean and tidy. The breakfast was fantastic, a good selection of bread/toast, cereal, bacon etc. and there is a great omelet/egg station which cooks your order to perfection. The room was spacious and quiet.

My only complaint was the rock hard bed, not just firm but like a board. I think the carpeted floor was softer. We made do by getting extra quilts and blankets to put on the mattress which helped.

We did have one problem when the hotel tried to make us pay for an ice bucket liner which was cracked from old age not abuse. When I argued with the manager and stood my ground they took the charge off.

There is a Walmart across the street.
Would I stay here again? YES

Room Tip: ask for extra bedding if you want a softer bed.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple