“All the essentials” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of EmmasTours.com - Xi'an Private One Day Tour

EmmasTours.com - Xi'an Private One Day Tour
Ranked #29 of 67 Tours in Xi'an
More attraction details
Owner description: Emma's Tours offers personalized, inexpensive private day tours of Xi'an and the Terracotta Warriors. Licensed guide Emma Fan and her team take a thorough, yet individualized approach to immerse each passenger in the wonders of this beautiful ancient city. She will never take you to shops, like the other guys, and she goes out of her way accommodate each passenger's special needs and interests..
Williamsburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“All the essentials”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I arrived to Xi'an May 31st with just a few days to myself from a business trip in southern China. Not knowing anyone and not having a lot of time to waste working out bus schedules or arranging drivers I stumbled upon Emma's Tours and immediately contacted Emma to see if there was any chance of a tour (for the very next day!). Emma responded quickly and was very helpful, immediately contacting her team members to see if anyone was available on such short notice. I ended up spending Sunday with Michael as my guide to the Terracotta Soldiers and the Banpo Village. I had a wonderful time. Michael's knowledge of the history of these sites and of Xi'an in general was beyond impressive. The guy's a walking encyclopedia and there wasn't a single question that went unanswered. He's clearly got a passion for what he does and for the history of Xi'an. I was very impressed. Emma even called during the tour to make sure things were going well and that I was happy with everything. Customer service at it's finest!

I will say, my private tour was a little beyond what I had hoped to pay, about $170 USD. I had sticker shock at first, but when you really think about it the price is very reasonable. The tour lasted about 6 hours, included a driver and side trips to a couple of places Michael really thought added background to the main attractions. Considering how much it can cost in China to hire just a driver it actually is very fairly priced. If you want to save some money I'd suggest booking a smallish group tour so that the price per person is less. However, given my tight schedule, last minute planning and the service that was provided, I feel that even if you have to book a solo tour, it's well worth the price.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank neush79

Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic 3 Day Tour of Xian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We couldn't have asked for a better tour of Xian. Our tour guide was Lily, and from the moment we were picked up on the first day she was the warmest and most accommodating tour guide we have experienced.

Lily was the type of tour guide where you can just put the itinerary away and let her show you the city she loves. She told us her goal was for us to feel like we were being shown around by an old friend, and this was certainly achieved. We could feel the love that she has for the city, and her depth of knowledge was fantastic.

Of course, a three day tour is plenty of time to hit all the tourist attractions. What we really enjoyed was Lily showing us her favourite local places to eat. Super cheap and super tasty food. We were also impressed by Lily's ability to respond to setbacks - a few times, things outside of her control did not go to plan, but there was always a Plan B (and sometimes C and D!), which was just as good.

If like me, you'd like to use a tour guide so that you can just relax, know that you are going to see all the usual tourist attractions, but also experience some of the more local areas, whilst having your own needs and moods catered for, then I cannot recommend Lily highly enough.

Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Wonderful Experience in Xi'an”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

My friend and I fell in love with Emma and Xi'an during our visit this spring. I found Emma's Tours on tripadvisor and no wish went unfulfilled. Emma was knowledgeable, resourceful, and professional. Her English is great, she's funny as can be, and she's easy on the eyes to boot! By far the best tour guide I have ever had in China, maybe even in all of Asia. I would highly recommend her to any visitor who would like all the logistics handled, especially during a short stay. But don't make it a short stay if you can! Emma can show you all the city and its environs have to offer. Although, one of Emma's greatest assets is her deep local knowledge of the city, we wished we could bring Emma along throughout all our travels in life.

Visited February 2013
Shanghai, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing trip to Xi'an!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was fortunate enough to get to visit Xi'an in May. I had limited time and really wanted to see the Terracota warriors. I found Emma's tours through tripadvisor and got in contact. Emma was fantastic, she organised every little detail. All of the logistics and agenda for the day was perfect. She is extremely knowledgeable of the area, being a local, and is very kind and easy to get along with. Her communication in English was perfect which was a huge relief for me as I speak very little Chinese. I was really impressed with the professionalism of her operation. I had an incredible visit to the Terracota warriors which is a must see and would have loved to stay longer in Xi'an. I am truly grateful for the great experience provided by Emma's tours and would highly recommend this to any visitors of Xi'an. Thank you Emma for a truly wonderful day in Xi'an!

Visited May 2013
Beijing, China
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Emma was the most professional and competent guide I have had the pleasure of contacting during all my trips and tours in China. She is engaging, funny, and knowledgeable, she operates a program with your best interests and needs in mind. Her aim was clearly to make my experience delightful, educational and unforgettable. She has the experience and know-how to simplify complicated situations, and resolve it with skill and humor. When I return to Xi'an next year there is no question that I will contact her program.

Visited August 2012